purge fuel system

Anyone have experience purging fuel system on a JD 5083E?
To be clear by purging do you mean what is commonly called bleeding the air out of it?

The Operator's Manual likely has the info you are looking for. There are a number of choices for 5083E manuals in the JD bookstore. Here is a picture of what one shows for a bleeding procedure. It may or may not be right for yours. Someone will likely be along with other info.

Capture.JPG

To be clear by purging do you mean what is commonly called bleeding the air out of it?

The Operator's Manual likely has the info you are looking for. There are a number of choices for 5083E manuals in the JD bookstore. Here is a picture of what one shows for a bleeding procedure. It may or may not be right for yours. Someone will likely be along with other info.

View attachment 68412
Jim thanks for the info. The tractor came used to me without a manual. We were doing some of these steps but now I see what I missed.
Appreciate it, Gary

View attachment 68412
Jim, a couple of weeks ago I wrote about the water/air bleeding of the fuel system on my 2014 JD 5083E.
I've gone thru the priming & bleeding procedures & still had trouble, so I drained the entire tank, (we found approx. 2 oz. of water) dried it overnight with a hair dryer, changed filters again then refueled with new diesel.

Tractor ran well at idle for about 30 min. so we worked it a little on our place & after about 15-20 min. of that it killed again just like it's fuel starved. It restarted after a few tries & bleeding any air again from system. When I got the tractor on a slight side angle it killed again!

Next I'm going to pull the fuel pick up tube & parts in case tube has picked up debris.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

You're welcome & thanks for update. Also congratulations on your repair. Sounds as if your local dealer service manager needs to attend some JD branch service schools similar to the ones I attended when I served as local JD service manager.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back