Recent content by Dan Byler

  1. D

    Need parts for MT2A plow

    I have an MT2A plow for my JD MT, and it was missing one coulter yoke assembly when I bought it. Does anyone know where I could find these parts? The coulter yoke part number is G758A. Any help is appreciated.
  2. D

    MT Touch-O-Matic Leak

    I used the original. They came out quite easily. I have a question for you - I need to change the steering pins that mesh with the worm gear - I believe in a previous post you mentioned buying them on e-bay. I found some for $25.00 each, from Wagner Ag Sales in Nebraska. Have you changed the...
  3. D

    MT Touch-O-Matic Leak

    I had to change those seals on my MT. You will need to take the whole quadrant assembly off the main housing. If you have John Deere shop manual, follow the steps as outlined and it is not that difficult. The trickiest part was getting the roll pins out that connect the linkage to the control...
  4. D

    Steering on a MT

    The steering on my MT also has a lot of play - the pins that fit into the worm gear are worn and actually a little loose. I'm wondering where to get replacement pins, and does anyone have any tips on how to replace them? If I replace the pins do I also need to replace the worm gear?
  5. D

    Model MT Fenders

    I have no experience with JB Weld - sounds like a good option though. Any tips on how to use it? The tractor will be parked under cover.
  6. D

    Model MT Fenders

    I took a closer look at this and after using angle grinder to clean away rust and old paint, I could see where it was spot welded. I then drilled through the metal piece where the spot welds were, trying not to drill into the fender too far, and was able to get it off. I'm thinking I will get a...
  7. D

    Model MT Fenders

    I have fenders for my MT, but they need to be repaired and repainted. I took the footrests and brackets apart, but there is a flat piece of metal about 20 to 22" long and 10 to 12" wide on the inside of the fenders that I"m not sure how to get off. It seems to be fastened to the fenders about...
  8. D

    620 John Deere 3 point

    I'm cannot figure out how to remove the bracket and pin that fastens the top link of the 3 point to the tractor. Can someone help me out? I want to take it off one 620 and install it on another 620. Thank you
  9. D

    MT plow

    Does anyone out there know of someone who would have a depth control bar? or someone who salvages plows/plow parts?
  10. D

    MT plow

    I purchased a two furrow plow for my MT, but I believe it is meant for an M. I looked at the parts book, and it appears that the depth control bar that goes under the tractor is different on the two plows - are there any other differences? Could I exchange the depth control bar for the correct...
  11. D

    JD MT - need advice on replacing seals on slightly worn axle

    I'm replacing seals and bearings on my John Deere MT axles and final drive shaft. There is some wear on the axle and shaft where the oil seals are. What is the best way to repair the shaft so the seal will not leak? I want to do the job right the first time, and need advice. Any help is appreciated!
  12. D

    Deere MT touch-o-matic groove pins

    I just replaced the seals on my MT touch-o-matic. With the quadrants off, I was able to position the hand levers so that I could tap out the groove pin with a hammer and long punch. If this doesn't work for you, don't know what else to suggest. Good luck
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top