Recent content by Ed Nikolich

  1. E

    Marvel schebler issue

    So I'm just getting around to posting an update. I not only wanted another rebuild kit to do this again, I wanted to double check the jet sizes that were in the carb. I emailed back and forth with McDonald carbs and they suggested the power jet needle may not have been correct for the carb...
  2. E

    Marvel schebler issue

    Ok. Going to pull the damn thing off and go through the passages again. I sprayed everything with ether and got no change in idle. Will report back soon!
  3. E

    Marvel schebler issue

    Kind of what I was thinking. Would valve adjustment have an effect?? Head gasket? Guess a compression test is next on the troubleshooting list??
  4. E

    Marvel schebler issue

    End of last season, my tractor would only start with a little squirt of ether. Figured it was carb rebuild time. Finally got around to getting the kit and did it. Now, I've rebuilt several of these over the years, so I'm pretty aware of all the passages. Did my carb dip, then followed up with...
  5. E

    Massey Harris Water Pump

    HI all. I have been looking for a water pump for my Massey Harris 22. I paid someone on ebay $150 for a rebuilt pump and it started leaking after three uses. I took it apart and found a homemade seal that was glued together. I finally found someone that can machine the impeller and pump to...
  6. E

    Massey 22 PTO Shaft

    Hi all. I am in need of a PTO shaft for my 1950 Massey Harris 22. If anyone has a lead on one please let me know via email to [email protected] Thanks!
  7. E

    Funny Pictures for y'all

    Hi everyone. I have not been on this site for a while, having traded in my Ford for a "48 Massey 22. But I never had use for a shop manual for my N because of all the great information I got from the forum here! Anyway, thought you would all enjoy seeing my Massey stuck nice and deep in the...
  8. E

    Driveshaft Question

    So here is the final result. Took a micrometer and could not find any distortion or mushrooming at the end. I do believe gene was correct about an air pocket!! I got a little more aggressive with the dremel at the end to create an area for air to escape and guess what? Yup, went right on and...
  9. E

    Driveshaft Question

    No. the seal is in the transmission case and far away from where the two ends of the shaft join. I plan on taking a micrometer to the male end when I get home and seeing if it did actually mushroom, despite how careful I was putting it back on. Just tapped it into place with rbber mallet. But...
  10. E

    Driveshaft Question

    Ok everyone. I have a really dumb question for ya"ll. It is actually about a Massey Marris, but I trust the input and opinions of those on this board. I removed the short little driveshaft on my MH22 to replace the seal and bearings on the transmission. The shaft was off for about five...
  11. E

    22 Transmission Bearing

    Hi Chuck. Thanks for the valuable cross reference. do have the regular manual, but was unclear if the front bearing could be easily removed and replaced without having to go any further than the front seal. Have ordered the seal today and will see how it goes this weekend when I pull it all...
  12. E

    22 Transmission Bearing

    Hi everyone. The input shaft of my transmission is leaking like a stuck pig. So I need to replace that there seal. I found a part number on the existing seal but can"t seem to cross reference it with anything. Anyone have a NAPA part number or a resource. Steiners does not have it listed...
  13. E

    Need Brake Pedal and rod for my 22

    very cool. Thank you for the info!!
  14. E

    Need Brake Pedal and rod for my 22

    Hi all. I am in need of a brake pedal and rod for my 22. Found pony brake pedal assemblies on the web but not sure if they are compatible with the 22. It"s now in running condition now and can drive around some but really dont want to have to stop and go spinning in circles! I"m sure everone...
  15. E

    Massey 22

    Chuck, you're awesome. Thanks for the info. I have been degreasing and tinkering for couple of days now. Was all kinds of excited to drive it around, but won't risk damaging my new toy until I know I have the correct fluids in her. Thanks again!
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top