Recent content by JohnK-NJ

  1. B

    Ferguson TO-35

    The serial number plate on my TO-35 reads SMG-I7494T. This does not make sence. What year is this?
  2. J

    9N Spotting in current commercial.

    Hit pause on the DVR and snapped a picture...
  3. J

    OT/Electrical Question

    Romex should not be installed in conduit, not code compliant. Strands of THHN/THWN should be used. If the conduit is buried it is considered a "wet" location and THWN should be used but most is dual rated these days. Stranded will pull more easily than solid.
  4. J

    PTO ORC

    ORC is attached with a 5/16" roll pin. When I installed one I did not have a 5/16 punch to drive the pin in. Used a bolt instead and the threads nicked the 1/8 NPT on the ORC where the grease zerk fits in. Needless to say I had to take it all off and chase the threads with the proper tap to get...
  5. J

    1941 Ford 9N

    Having taken the bottom picture and posted it a while back, I'd just like to point out that it is a brand new distributor, purchased from this site last year. Took the pictures before installing as I know one is often worth a thousand words! Wish I were so bright as to cobble up a license plate...
  6. J

    OT: J.D. Hopson Trial Date info

    A couple old posts. Seems these folks scammed some of the YT regulars. Check: http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=331105 http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=310929 and probably most informative...
  7. J

    UPDATED: Trickle charger for 6 volt batteries

    Back in January there was a post about trickle charger for maintaining a battery. See http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=256904&highlight= The original link was to a product called [i:51a4c35c82]Battery Tneder Jr[/i:51a4c35c82], a wall wart with circuit to regulate charging to...
  8. J

    8n front mount distributor

    Like these...
  9. J

    8n front mount distributor

    Took this before I installed this new front mount in my 8N after reading similar posts a while back. You have to look close to see the offset and I imagine with a little brute force it could be installed out of phase.
  10. J

    Trickle charger for 6 volt batteries

    I put one on my 6V back in November... I'll let you know in April, when I get back there, if it worked. If it is any indication the same unit, but 12V, is working fine on my lawn mower. You might save a buck or two at http://www.atbatt.com/product/6840.asp
  11. J

    3pt bar length

    Tom is right... I looked at [i:6f2f4ae867][b:6f2f4ae867]hole diameter [/b:6f2f4ae867][/i:6f2f4ae867]column instead of [i:6f2f4ae867][b:6f2f4ae867]pin diameter[/b:6f2f4ae867][/i:6f2f4ae867] column by mistake.
  12. J

    3pt bar length

    The Cat 1 three point is usually 26" for the bar. Looks like you have a Cat 2 bar. This site is a good reference for dimensions of three point systems and parts. LINK
  13. J

    6 volt battery supplier

    Picked up an Interstate 1-VHD for my '49 last spring. Hadn't been run in 20 years and it had an Interstate from June '82 that was replaced (although it was taken out before tractor was stored). Cost $71. (Not as cheap as they used to be) Also got one of these for this winter since I won't be...
  14. J

    ATF engine treatment

    I did the same (used MMO though) to insure everyting was loose qfter the tractor had been sitting for 20 years. It had just been rebuilt when stored in clean dry gagage. Turning over w/o sparkplugs using hand crank it became noticably easier to turn after the first revolution. Must assume this...
  15. J

    thing that pi$$ people off ....

    Never lost tools so fast as when my son started his own projects. They were always going to get put back "as soon as I finish using them". Good kid learning something...[b:cc57600d09]PRICELESS![/b:cc57600d09]
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top