Recent content by Karl Hamson

  1. K

    Ford 531 exhaust

    So by a gooseneck you mean to use the original manifold and weld up a 180 degree bend and bring it up outside of the hood? Can do easily but are the vertical exhaust manifolds readily available? where? how much? Thanks.
  2. K

    Ford 531 exhaust

    I have a neighbour with a 531 industrial with a low exhaust which is not good for haying. Would like to convert it to upright exhaust. Question: can I simply turn the manifold upside down and cut a hole in the hood?
  3. K

    48 C timing

    It was not the tractor which was retarded. It was me. I assujmed that with a CW turning Magneto the rotor would be the same but not so and I had the firing order wrong. Goes fine now.
  4. K

    48 C timing

    I put a rebuilt Mag on my C and it seems very retarded. I could not find any timing marks on the flywheel or a pointer although I was very close to TDC as I could see the piston through the spark plug hole. I was looking through the inspection hole in the bottom of the bell housing. Is this...
  5. K

    MF14 Wheels

    I am hoping to find a frontwheel for an MF14 garden tractor. Tire size is 16.5 x 6.5-8 A mower deck would be a plus too! Thanks
  6. K

    Farmall C magneto

    I bit the bullet, set it to TDC and pulled the mag off. Removed the condenser and coil primary. The coil primary shows 0 resistance to ground. With that unhooked all other resistances seem fine with 0 with points closed and infinity open. Same with the condenser back in but not the coil...
  7. K

    Farmall C magneto

    Tried the cardboard with no joy. However when I put a meter between the open point and ground I get no resistance. All looks nice and clean. There is a wire coming from the spring anchor disappearing inside. Is there a condenser maybe shorted and how do I get to it? Never have had one of...
  8. K

    Farmall C magneto

    Tried disconnecting the kill wire. I will double check the points. Dollar bill may be a problem as I am in Canada and we use a dollar coin.
  9. K

    Farmall C magneto

    I pulled my 48 C out of the shed yesterday where it had been sitting for about 8 years. I can not get any spark from the magneto coil lead. Impulse seems to be working and the points are clean with .013" gap. Any ideas where to look for a solution? Thanks.
  10. K

    Super A governor

    With hte hand throttle in the wide open position the rockshaft has no play and you can feel the spring tension (carb disconnected) If throttle is in idle position the rockshaft seems to have a lot of play. Is this normal?
  11. K

    Super A governor

    Having some issues with my Super A. It ran fine when parked in the barn late last summer. After charging the battery found that the carb (Carter) was flooding badly. Took it apart. Could see no obvious reason. Needle and seat looked OK. Floats not full of gas. Took the carb off my C...
  12. K

    Towing Capacity of an I-4

    Sort of reminds me of a local yarn or perhaps legend. Farmers' tractor had died and he needed it towed to the home yard to fix it. He got his wife to tow him the mile or so down the road. Trouble is the tractor had little or no brakes and the wife thought 30 mph was a reasonable speed. All...
  13. K

    farmall H no power

    I do not have an H but has similar problems with my C. Make sure the governor linkage is in synch with the carb. That is wide open throttle=wide open governor=wide open carb. Once it got this right I had a different tractor. Karl
  14. K

    47 baler Pitman yoke

    I am not sure what you mean by pitman yoke. I have a 46 parts baler and I am sure someone will chime in to tell us if the parts interchange. I am in BC Canada Karl
  15. K

    Power steering pump add on hydraulics.

    What is the car behind the B? Looks like a late 40s or early 50s Hudson
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top