Recent content by machine and fab

  1. M

    Help identifying tractor model

    The 17th picture shows what looks like the anchor bracket for the power steering cylinder on the right hand side of the front axle. It is similar to the Case 320 Industrial tractor that I recently acquired. The front hubs also look identical to those on a 320. 530 hubs are stubbier than the 320...
  2. M

    Replacing JD 50 radiator core

    I'm putting a new aftermarket radiator core in my John Deere 50. I have cleaned the upper and lower tanks thoroughly along with the side members. The sealing surface on both tanks have some erosion of material which reduces the nice flat surface area down to about a quarter of an inch in width...
  3. M

    John Deere 50 power steering pump assembly question

    My manual suggests using shellac on the mating surfaces of my JD 50 power steering pump when reassembling it. Can anyone offer some insight on this process? Can I use an aerosol shellac or do I need to use brush on shellac? Do I need to let it set up or assemble it while the shellac is still...
  4. M

    Need advice on installing upper water pipe on JD 50

    What is the trick to installing the upper water pipe on a John Deere 50 with new "O" rings in the thermostat housing and the upper radiator pipe casting? Thanks in advance. Don
  5. M

    Lifting capacity of JD 50 with front loader

    What would be the approximate lifting capacity of my JD 50 with what appears to be a front loader from the same time period? Thanks in advance Don Williams.
  6. M

    John Deere model 50 PowerTrol system question

    My reproduction service manual recommends engine oil for the PowerTrol system in my JD 50. It reccomends SAE 10W in the Power Shaft system. Is this correct? The hydraulic cylinders for the front end loader get their oil from the PowerTrol pump and it just seems like they would require either SAE...
  7. M

    John Deere 50 power steering

    What type of power steering oil should I be using in my John Deere model 50 with factory power steering? I have reproduction service and operator manuals but can't for the life of me find any reference to power steering in either of them. Thanks in advance. Don.
  8. M

    Torque spec for rear tire bolts 530 backhoe

    The wheel lug bolts on my 530ck are 9/16" fine thread. I believe they all are. But it sure wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
  9. M

    She?s coming together

    That's a good looking repair.
  10. M

    530 Case Governor Shaft Bearing Removal

    I used a piece of .250" steel round stock and ground a hook feature on the end of it. I threaded the opposite end of the rod for a nut which would allow me to use the steel round stock rod as a slide hammer. The bearing shell you are trying to remove has inward facing flanges on both ends...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top