Recent content by Rich Taracka

  1. R

    John Deere A flywheel nut

    One more question... How should the the clamp bolts on the flywheel be??? I'm guessing as tight as I can make them but there's no torque spec in my service manual and I wanted to ask before I broke something. Thanks, Rich
  2. R

    John Deere A flywheel nut

    Hi, does anyone know where I might find the large stamped steel nut that threads on to the crankshaft holding the flywheel on a John Deere Model A? Thanks, Rich
  3. R

    F935 Hydro

    I figured it out. Some bozo installed a roll pin where a grade 8 bolt should go in the lever to transmission connection. Needless to say the roll pin sheared into three pieces causing lots of rotational freeplay which drastically reduced the travel causing top speed to be half of what it should...
  4. R

    F935 Hydro

    Perhaps the 1980"s John Deere F935 Front mower isn"t old enough to be talked about on here but I"m hoping the combined knowledge here could be of some help. My question involves the hydrostatic drive. When traveling uphill or even on level ground, the tractor will travel at only 4.5 mph...
  5. R

    Model A flywheel A3264R

    I"m in search of a flywheel and the big flywheel nut for a Model A. The existing, cracked flywheel has the number A3264R on it. Thanks, Rich
  6. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    Okay, I figured it out. The flywheel is cracked. The crank splines are a little beat up but probably okay. Does anyone know where I could get an A3264R flywheel? Thanks, Rich
  7. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    No the clutch driver is new. As for the clutch toggles and dogs everything looks good. Someone else mentioned that the linkage may have too much throw and may be adjusted incorrectly. It isn't clear how to adjust that for less throw besides bringing the pulley brake in closer. Thanks...
  8. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    My book doesn't list a part number, it just calls them operating bolts. Thanks, Rich
  9. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    Okay, the only marks I could find are impact marks on the shank of the operating bolt that broke. The operating bolt heads look fine and the dust shield bolts look good too. One other thing I found was the hole in the operating sleeve is elongated a bit which would cause the operating sleeve...
  10. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    The bolts sheared at the head end. Forgive my ignorance but what are the clutch driver splines? Thanks, Rich
  11. R

    John Deere Model A Clutch Trouble

    Hi, I'm having trouble with my Model A clutch and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. With the clutch disengaged, a loud rapping sound comes from inboard of the clutch assy. This sound goes away when the clutch is engaged. Eventually, one of the operating bolts ($70 a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top