Recent content by SharpTJ

  1. S

    Governor problem

    Yeah, that's why I am confused about why the arms move fine when off, but don't move when it's running. Did the video above work?
  2. S

    Governor problem

    yes, you can feel the pressure getting stronger the more I move the carb rod
  3. S

    Governor problem

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17gNM4R71LWjuOjYWCdB06FU-zfMOPjuR/view?usp=drivesdk
  4. S

    Governor problem

    Yeah, it's all there... Here is a short video.
  5. S

    Governor problem

    The throttle never had worked right. You always had to run it 1/4 choked, wouldn't run under "half throttle," and the governor never really worked correctly. It basically acted as if the governor wasn't there and was a straight throttle linkage. I rebuilt the carb completely.
  6. S

    Governor problem

    I have a 2N that is kicking my butt. I rebuilt the carb and new bells on the governor. Now the throttle has a perfect movement when the tractor is not running. Once the Hector is running, it's like the governor is stuck and the throttle can only be manipulated by moving the connecting rod...
  7. S

    Do I REALLY need a governor?

    So I took the governor apaet, and it actually looks pretty good. In the video you can see all the horizontal slop... It appears the previous owner rebuilt but failed to install a bushing, assuming there should be a bushing there? https://youtu.be/2ZRfbXg4hTQ http://imgur.com/gallery/Cg5HzHy
  8. S

    Do I REALLY need a governor?

    Makes sense... Guess I'll look into a rebuild
  9. S

    Do I REALLY need a governor?

    All I use it for is grading the drive and light mowing/bush hogging
  10. S

    Do I REALLY need a governor?

    What is the point of the governor really? My arms have a ton of slop in them and it is not really moving the throttle all that much. Why couldn't I just hook up a throttle cable and a couple brackets then go on about my business?
  11. S

    How big is your rod?

    I wouldn't doubt it.. Guess I'll break it apart again and take another look. Just second guessing myself now... Which way should the clutch plate face? We noticed the pressure plate didn't quite "reach" the face of the flywheel (maybe 1/4" or so). This is really the 1st clutch I...
  12. S

    How big is your rod?

    I looked at everything inside the case and everything looked great and tight and surprisingly clean.
  13. S

    How big is your rod?

    The arm is tight and doesn't rotate on shaft at all. I thought baout the disk being backwards, but the clutch wouldn't EVER engage if it was backwards, would it? I out it in the same way as the old one, but I guess the old one might have been backwards also.
  14. S

    How big is your rod?

    No, not THAT rod.... I just replaced the clutch in my 2N (was really much easier than I anticipated). Everything back together but the clutch doesn't have enough throw in it... I can't use a strap to pull the lever back and the clutch works fine. Even with the rod adjusted as short as it...
  15. S

    More starting problems

    I tried to PM you but it is evidently disabled...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top