Recent content by the preacher

  1. T

    Straight exhaust pipe Chrome or Stainless

    I have a 4" OD x 18" long cheap chrome exhaust tip that blued up the first time I dyno'd the tractor. I've heard that stainless won't blue up, but I'm not sure. I also know from a little motorcycle experience that they say pipes won't blue up if the fuel ratio is set correctly. If you lean out...
  2. T

    MH44 Oil cartridge?

    If you're not worried about keeping it "Factory Original", get a Wix spin-on bypass oil filter housing. I bought one for my 44, and it uses an off-the-shelf spin on filter that is much easier to change, and much easier to find. The whole thing cost me about 40.00, and took about an hour to...
  3. T

    o-ring

    Just to add to what they said, a new filter will have all the seals, should be a MF part # 1077260M91. Included in the filter will be two large square seal rings. Be sure and install the one with the blue stripe in the housing, and the other under the filter in the lower cap. If you don't put...
  4. T

    12 rims

    The only rims Miller shows on their website to fit a 5 lug on 5" bolt pattern are 16". I'd have to buy blanks and weld in my old centers, and I don't want to ruin my original rims. So, I'd have to buy two new rim blanks, two old rims that have my bolt pattern, and cut, weld, and try to make sure...
  5. T

    12 rims

    I'm looking for a set of 12's or 15's with the same patttern to fit my Massey Harris. If you find a set, let me know where. Thanks Gary
  6. T

    MH44 Sputtering

    First off, personally I never trust what anyone says they have done unless I see them actually do it. Some will say anything to make a deal. I've been burned by people like that once or twice. I like the Autolites because they seem more resistant to fouling, at least in my tractor. If you cross...
  7. T

    MH44 Sputtering

    I had this problem on my 44, here's what I did. First off, get a set of Autolite 386's, I think you'll like them better than the Champions. Second, set the timing back to factory specs. These Continentals are finnicky about timing, the best way to set them for power is on a dyno. And, remove the...
  8. T

    How do I get this piston out?

    If the vinegar doesn't work, here's a trick I've used once or twice. Put the block on an engine stand and wheel it outside on the driveway. Pour a 50/50 mix of diesel fuel and motor oil into the bore, about 1/2 pint, not much. Keep a good fire extinguisher handy and light the mixture on fire...
  9. T

    Welding rod challenge question

    Use a Cronatron 704 rod. I use them when I'm welding AR-400 wear plate to buckets. They have a 100,000 psi. tensile strength, and they are made to weld dissimilar metals.
  10. T

    Sangersville Va pull Saturday

    It's about 2-2.5 hrs. from here. I just wanna get a couple hooks on the new tires. I might go, I might not.
  11. T

    Sangersville Va pull Saturday

    Where is Sangersville Towers? I'd like to get out and do some pulling Saturday. Is it near Mt. Solon?
  12. T

    Make up pull for Sangersville, VA

    Where is Sangersville towers? I might want to attend
  13. T

    Support Massey Harris For a Good Cause

    I wish I could attend, but Missouri is a little too far from Va. I hope everyone has a wonderful time!
  14. T

    How skinny of a rim can you use on 14.9's?

    Not sure about 14.9's, but I used to pull a set of 16.9-30's on 12" wide rims. The top of the tire corwned up a lot, but it worked until I could find a set of 15" rims.
  15. T

    Update on pulling tires, pics

    Well, I went with the Firestones, Here"s a couple pics. I had to remove the rear fenders due to clearance issues. The rear rims are for a Case tractor, and they don"t have the proper offset.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top