1466 black stripe

haefs

I have. 1466 black stripe that has started blowing the seal out on the front fuel filter when you change filters and start it it almost blows it out immediately I checked and the or from the old filter is not on the filter housing what could be the problem

Does it have the correct (oem) hose that delivers fuel to the injection pump from the final filter. Fuel routing for your tractor is from the tank to the first filter, to the primary pump, to the final filter , to the injection pump.

The return line on the back side of the head on the injection pump, the elbow has a small office hole in it. If it becomes plugged, can cause funny issues and if fully restricted engine will only run for a short period. Probably worth checking

Sounds like the gear transfer pump relief valve is stuck, causing higher than normal supply pressure to the final filter and injection pump hydraulic head. The valve is on the gear pump side under the 7/8 wrench plug. There's a spring and valve under the plug, and I'll bet the valve is stuck inside the bore. The pump return orifice fitting won't raise the pressure like the stuck valve will. EARLY pumps have a 3/4 plug, all later used the 7/8 wrench size plug.

I used a 7/8 wrench to take the plunge out the spring came out the relief valve did not and I can not push it in ward either should the valve come out once I take the plug out also I can turn the center of the valve with my finger I also found some wax in the plug with the spring

Valve WON'T go in further as it's already bottomed out. It SHOULD come out with some expanding pliers or similar tool, so it can be cleaned/freed up in it's bore.

Does the valve turn out I just had my expanding pliers in it and gently pulled on it and can not get it to move

Valve should slide EASILY in/out as the spring/valve CONTROL the supply pressure. It's probably stuck from water in fuel, rusty, or Bio diesel. The valve MIGHT free up with some heat applied to the supply pump rear to soften the rusty valve. It also MIGHT come loose by replacing the plug and leave the spring out, and starting the engine for awhile. It MUST slide freely for the system to work correctly.

If I use a butane torch to heat it it shouldnt damage anything else or do I have to be careful not to get something else hot Im sorry for all the questions this is my first time working on a injector pump and dont want to cause more problems for my self

Any luck yet?? Have you tried penetrating oil, I would also remove fuel lines and spray some penetrate oil in there.

No luck yet in trying to get the valve to move I started getting frustrated so I stopped before something got damaged

An LP gas torch should work, try heating the area just above the inlet line with a small flame 4/5 minutes, low and slow works best for this to get heat to soak into the steel valve bore. Don't remove any lines, the one way valves inside won't allow your favorite panther pee inside anyway. If you want try hanging a shop light first to heat the area 3/4 hours, that MIGHT be just enough heat to work, if not try the torch.

I finally got the valve out I tried heat wouldnt move finally started the tractor with the plug in and tapped on the housing and it came free in some spots on the valve had spots of what looked like carbon on it I uses 400 grit sand paper and cleaned it up works great thank you for all the advice I really appreciate it

Would you know anyone that will work on a Delphi dp15 pump from a 2745 Massey ours is leaking fuel in to the crankcase

You're lucky it still runs. I've changed the shaft seals before but it's been awhile since I did the last one. Will have to look and see if I have any seals and housing O ring on hand.

Everyone that we talk to say that they wont touch it because their are no parts available and want us to change it to a simms pump

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back