rrlund

I could make a long story out of this one,but I had something happen that I've never had happen before. I had the 1550 gas on the fertilizer wagon this spring and it started to miss. I checked it out first of the week and it wasn't firing on number 6. OK,went and got new plugs,didn't help. It's got eletronic ignition,steel core wires are fairly new. The cap for that Mallory isn't cheap,but I called the dealer and had her send over a new cap and rotor. They came today,didn't help.
Out of desperation,I took off the tappet cover tonight. Started it up and neither valve on 6 was opening. I thought GREAT,broken cam. Went around the other side where I could see better and the nut was loose on the back rocker shaft bolt letting the shaft flex up. Tightened it down and it runs perfect. Could'a been worse I guess,cam's OK and didn't have a burned valve. Just put money into it that I didn't need to is all.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back