1780 jd planter with 4710 massy

Tmiller71

New User
I have a 4710 Massey, just recently bought a JD 1780, 6/11 planter. How do I need to hook up the 2 hoses for the vac motor? Is it possible even though my tractor is open center? Or is it better to just buy a PTO pump. This is my first vac planter and don’t want to ruin the hydraulic pump on the tractor

I have a 4710 Massey, just recently bought a JD 1780, 6/11 planter. How do I need to hook up the 2 hoses for the vac motor? Is it possible even though my tractor is open center? Or is it better to just buy a PTO pump. This is my first vac planter and don’t want to ruin the hydraulic pump on the tractor
Welcome to the forums.

This appears to be more of a John Deere question than an AGCO or Massey Ferguson one.

I have no idea if this is correct for your 1780 but here is what I found in one of the Operator's manuals for a 1780 (they show a number of 1780 variations) at the JD Bookstore. If you don't have the correct Operator's Manual for your 1780, I suggest you get one and see what it says. Here is a link to the JD Ag Bookstore. Click on Equipment Publications and enter 1780 in the search box. Select 1780 from the dropdown and you will get another dropdown list of 1780 options, chose the one that matches yours and you can download a free copy of the Operator's Manual.

JD Ag Bookstore

Capture.JPG

Thank you but do you anyone that uses a 4710 possibly that uses a smaller max emerge vac planter? Surely I am not the only one? The problem lies I believe with the fact I have an open center tractor and that planter was set up for a closed center system. Or at least that is my understanding.

FWIW, we saw a 5711 set up as a demo with a White 6rn planter. Those tractors are also open center. The planter had a pto pump. They must figure that style planter is most likely going on a utility class tractor which seem to mostly have open center hydraulics.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back