Front Loader 1944 Ford 2N

I will download the manual this evening. Back to working side jobs has kept me rather busy but I intend on taking your advice, bh all means. I like the joystick idea aa long as it will work on my set up. You know what I have so I can assume it will work on the Dearborn 19-23. Price was about 194.00 but of I use the bucket as much as I think I will, it will be worth it. Thanks

I will download the manual this evening. Back to working side jobs has kept me rather busy but I intend on taking your advice, bh all means. I like the joystick idea aa long as it will work on my set up. You know what I have so I can assume it will work on the Dearborn 19-23. Price was about 194.00 but of I use the bucket as much as I think I will, it will be worth it. Thanks

You over my head with your observation, but I trust you. As I said earlier, my knowledge is minimal with tractors and frontloaders but I can operate both. I would like to repair my own stuff though and thats why I value everyone of you guys input and advice. Really appreciate you'all.

TOH

I was able to download the operators manual and repair manual on the Dearborn 19-23 but could not locate service manual. Some manual were down loadable and some not, probably my phone hardware. Will try on my PC later time. Lot of valuable info though. Thanks.

FYI, I did order the P40 valve at summit. That was a good price. The joy stick was kinda stiff for me but thank you for taking the time to help out.

You wouldn't by any chance have a couple minutes to explain how I can connect my existing lines to my new P40 valve, would you? On the valve: 1 inlet from pump, 2 outlets to the bucket tilt pistons. 1 outlet to the up and down pistons. I have attached a schematic of my p40 valve. I'm not sure which lines go where. I know where inlet valve goes to but I have no tank. Do I use A1 and A2 for tilt and B1 for up and down then cap off B2 or tee B1 and B2 for up and down travel? Would I then cap off tank? It's a closed loop so would I need a tank outlet? Of course I would cap off N unless additional valves needed in future?? Please advise.

This post was edited by Dwd14329 on 08/24/2023 at 03:31 pm.

P40 valve schematic
mvphoto108998.jpg

TOH

My existing frontloader valve on my Dearborn 19-23 has 1 inlet from pump, 2 outlets to bucket tilt and 1 outlet to bucket up and down travel. On my new P40 2 spool valve would I connect pump to P, A1 and A2 to tilt, B1 to up and down, cap off B2, T and N? Or tee B1 and B2 for up and down travel? I need some expert advice. Pls see pic
mvphoto108999.jpg

(quoted from post at 18:46:27 08/24/23)
TOH

My existing frontloader valve on my Dearborn 19-23 has 1 inlet from pump, 2 outlets to bucket tilt and 1 outlet to bucket up and down travel. On my new P40 2 spool valve would I connect pump to P, A1 and A2 to tilt, B1 to up and down, cap off B2, T and N? Or tee B1 and B2 for up and down travel? I need some expert advice. Pls see pic
mvphoto108999.jpg

First take note that the ports on your new valve are not pupe thread. They are SAE oring boss and you need the correct adapters to hook them to the old plumbing.

• Connect pump to P
  • Connect T to tank return line on bottom of old valve . It's low pressure and you can use hose clamps.
  • Connect A1 and B1 to bucket just like old valve
  • Connect B2 to up/down just like old valve
  • Connect A2 to tank return line - use a tee
  • The P40 comes with a steel plug in N - leave it there.
  • If you bought the power beyond sleeve return it.

TOH

This post was edited by TheOldHokie on 08/24/2023 at 05:58 pm.

(reply to post at 17:02:50 08/24/23)
So I need SAE oring boss to standard NPT thread adapters, correct? Hopefully that is parts that are available at tractor supply, YT or rural king. I'll do the research.

(quoted from post at 21:19:36 08/24/23)

Tractor supply is hit or miss on selection snd grossly over priced.. Online hydraulic supply has a much larger selection and better pricing pays for shipping.

You will likely need new hoses to go with your new valve. I would suggest Surplus Center for hoses and fittings. JIC beats the crap out of NPT for hydraulic systems. My suggestion:

• Use SAE to JIC adapters in the valve ports
  • Use hosescwith JIC female swivel ends
  • Use JIC to NPT adapters to connect hoses to original NPT pipes andbdevices.

Hoses

SAE to JIC adapters

JIC to NPT adapters

Now for a shameless self promotion. I have done dozens of these valves for customers. If you want a plug and play hose package with custom made hoses gauranteed to go together give me a call. It might be a slight bit more expensive than a DIY job using OTS components but it will fit better and go together easier. The picture shows typical loader plumbing job

TOH

mvphoto109009.jpg

(quoted from post at 05:31:37 08/25/23)
(quoted from post at 21:19:36 08/24/23)

Tractor supply is hit or miss on selection snd grossly over priced.. Online hydraulic supply has a much larger selection and better pricing pays for shipping.

You will likely need new hoses to go with your new valve. I would suggest Surplus Center for hoses and fittings. JIC beats the crap out of NPT for hydraulic systems. My suggestion:

• Use SAE to JIC adapters in the valve ports
  • Use hosescwith JIC female swivel ends
  • Use JIC to NPT adapters to connect hoses to original NPT pipes andbdevices.

Hoses

SAE to JIC adapters

JIC to NPT adapters

Now for a shameless self promotion. I have done dozens of these valves for customers. If you want a plug and play hose package with custom made hoses gauranteed to go together give me a call. It might be a slight bit more expensive than a DIY job using OTS components but it will fit better and go together easier. The picture shows typical loader plumbing job

TOH

Perfect! Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a DIY repair man in new territory mechanics. My expertise falls under HVAC Residential/Commercial and electrical. I do appreciate you taking the time to share this info. A little confused on which oil is best for my tractor, but I think it's gonna be the basic SAE 15w40, Instead of synthetic. The tractor will get good use in the winter and i may switch to 10w. Not decided on a all yr round weight. Gotta get this valve replaced first and foremost. Thanks again TOH

mvphoto109009.jpg

Rough estimate on fittings and hoses for my tractor? If you can without being present? I would have to re-invent the mount but if you have an idea how it could be set up and know what I need, shoot me a PM or email. You can look up my profile, email available at the moment. Let me know what you need to do TOH, I'm interested!

DWD

(quoted from post at 00:11:52 08/26/23)
Rough estimate on fittings and hoses for my tractor? If you can without being present? I would have to re-invent the mount but if you have an idea how it could be set up and know what I need, shoot me a PM or email. You can look up my profile, email available at the moment. Let me know what you need to do TOH, I'm interested!

DWD

Need to know number and length of the hoses but it adds up fast. No matter how you go about it figure to spend close to what you paid for the valve. Here's a better picture of a two spool P40 install onba Kubota loader.

TOH

mvphoto109016.jpg

(quoted from post at 22:34:53 08/25/23)

DWD

Need to know number and length of the hoses but it adds up fast. No matter how you go about it figure to spend close to what you paid for the valve. Here's a better picture of a two spool P40 install onba Kubota loader.

TOH

That's reasonable! Valve Was $109. Would that include fittings/adapters? Valve to tractor? I'll give you close up pics as we go. I think a couple sizes valve inlet/outlet sizes vary. Mainly pump in and tank outlet. I may locate an old valve part # if you want it? Give me time to get back to you. If you don't mind sending an email.? We can correspond that way?

mvphoto109016.jpg

(quoted from post at 05:07:24 08/26/23)
(quoted from post at 22:34:53 08/25/23)

DWD

TOH

That's reasonable! Valve Was $109. Would that include fittings/adapters? Valve to tractor? I'll give you close up pics as we go. I think a couple sizes valve inlet/outlet sizes vary. Mainly pump in and tank outlet. I may locate an old valve part # if you want it? Give me time to get back to you. If you don't mind sending an email.? We can correspond that way?
/quote]

I thought you purchased a joystick valve which is $200. I am pretty sure $100 isn't going to buy what you need. Base cost for a hose is roughly $20 and you need 5 at a minimum. In any event give me a call and we can work up a BOM for getting you hooked up and you can decide how you want to source it. I am I'm MD and you can call at any decent hour ;-)

[email protected]

Wow, that is a huge bucket for that little 2N. I wouldn't get that thing full of wet dirt and drive on a bumpy dirt surface or you might wind up with that 2N sitting down on it's oil pan. You don't want to get that front end bouncing up and down.

My 8N has a loader and I've always babied it. I have a NF202 with a loader now so I don't use the 8N's loader for anything. Hope you get your problems fixed. If you use some common sense on that 2N your loader shouldn't give you any problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back