1948 Ford 9N value

Outside 24

New User
We have a family owned 1948 Ford 9N and are just looking for its value. Recently overhauled, runs well, use it for mowing. Can someone direct us to places/websites in order to determine the current value and places that have tractors listed for sale? Appreciate it.

Last edited:
First thing to maximize selling price is to have an accurate description with pictures, (9Ns were not made in 1948). The following questions will be asked of you. The answer you give add or subtract to the value; Does it run? Do the tires hold air? Front or side mount distributor? Was it kept inside or out in the trees? Where is it located? 3 or 4 gears? Does it have a Sherman transmission? The Ns range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few that sell for over $10,000.

I appreciate your replies. The Ford tractor is a 1945 2N. It has a 9N serial number. Original family owned, located in Ohio, has had an engine overhaul within the last 7 years and runs well, has been kept inside, all tires are newer and in good condition, 3 gears.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 49
We have a family owned 1948 Ford 9N and are just looking for its value. Recently overhauled, runs well, use it for mowing. Can someone direct us to places/websites in order to determine the current value and places that have tractors listed for sale? Appreciate it.
No such thing as a 1948 9N. The 9N was made from 1939 to 1942 and in 42 the 2N came out. The 2N ran production from 42 till 1948 and that is when the 8N came out. If it is a 3 speed it it either a 9N or 2N if a 4 speed it is an 8N

I appreciate your replies. The Ford tractor is a 1945 2N. It has a 9N serial number. Original family owned, located in Ohio, has had an engine overhaul within the last 7 years and runs well, has been kept inside, all tires are newer and in good condition, 3 gears.
ALL 9N and 2N the serial number start with 9N

Sold one like yours a few years ago with no equipment for $1700 and was happy to get it. It ran great had nice paint/tin and new tires. Why I put 1700 on it was the tires would fetch $1000. If it did not sale at 1700 I was going to part it out. The money is in the tires, engine, steering box and tin. The transmission and rear end rarely sale if at all.

In that condition,in Alabama,you would be lucky to get $1500.....😥 N Fords don't bring much

At auctions around here, they bring $3-400.00. Last 1 I saw sell brought $650.00 but it had 4 new tires on it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back