1953 Super H water in oil

I think your analysis is correct. The loose pipe. The tap size for rethreading the exhaust is 2inch NPT thread. It can be found for less, but not of good steel. The use of high temp anti seize or mica based anti seize and a new pipe will work. Clean out the original threads using a stiff rotary wire brus wheel on a drill. Be careful to align the tap with existing thread remnants. I would find a square socket to use on the tap and a "T" handle and a pipe on each end of the handle to control tilting the tap. It can take radical torque to cut the threads!! 2 people is best! Leave the manifold on the tractor. Put rags down the manifold holes to catch chips, and grease the tap to also catch chips.
The rear main seal needs a split to remove, so don't try to hang the crank on it. Watch a video of "rolling in a main bearing. Wrist pin noise is high in the block, and is inconsistent at various speeds. They don't fail from lack of lube as do mains and rods. Jim

A good quality used tap.

Crankcase vent should be red pipe out valve cover it looks a little more complicated than the super c if you look one up online it’s part of the valve cover but to me it looks like it’s pointed 90 degrees to what it should be. It sounds like that’s a lot of water for condensation. I guess the other question is has it rained since. Also if it’s leaking from head gasket down inside of liners it won’t be green while it’s running as it’s turned to steam with the explosion that’s occurring. If it’s bad enough that it’s running down while stopped it might be green eventually. Get the oil tested once see if it has ethylene glycol as the residual will still be there

Crankcase vent should be red pipe out valve cover it looks a little more complicated than the super c if you look one up online it’s part of the valve cover but to me it looks like it’s pointed 90 degrees to what it should be. It sounds like that’s a lot of water for condensation. I guess the other question is has it rained since. Also if it’s leaking from head gasket down inside of liners it won’t be green while it’s running as it’s turned to steam with the explosion that’s occurring. If it’s bad enough that it’s running down while stopped it might be green eventually. Get the oil tested once see if it has ethylene glycol as the residual will still be there
There is a tube from valve cover to governor top. Doesn't that just vent the governor to the valve cover? Seems like there must be vent to atmosphere or inlet but I don't know.

I think your analysis is correct. The loose pipe. The tap size for rethreading the exhaust is 2inch NPT thread. It can be found for less, but not of good steel. The use of high temp anti seize or mica based anti seize and a new pipe will work. Clean out the original threads using a stiff rotary wire brus wheel on a drill. Be careful to align the tap with existing thread remnants. I would find a square socket to use on the tap and a "T" handle and a pipe on each end of the handle to control tilting the tap. It can take radical torque to cut the threads!! 2 people is best! Leave the manifold on the tractor. Put rags down the manifold holes to catch chips, and grease the tap to also catch chips.
The rear main seal needs a split to remove, so don't try to hang the crank on it. Watch a video of "rolling in a main bearing. Wrist pin noise is high in the block, and is inconsistent at various speeds. They don't fail from lack of lube as do mains and rods. Jim

A good quality used tap.
Thank you!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back