1960 Ford 871 SOS Elenco

Just picked up my "new" 1960 871 SOS Elenco.

mvphoto104978.jpg

This post was edited by [email protected] on 04/24/2023 at 05:31 pm.

(quoted from post at 13:47:04 04/24/23) Just picked up my "new" 1960 871 SOS Elenco
Welcome aboard Todd. You will find lots of helpful people on here as you go along. You can post a picture after the first few posts.

Congrats on your find. I think this site has a minimum number of posts before you can share pictures. Is your tractor a project, or is it a runner?

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering why it wouldn't take the photo. It's a runner with a front end loader but it does need a re-seal for the power steering. I just ordered the reseal kit today and I have the steering wheel off and the housing exposed. But I'm also waiting for the manuals before I start dismantling it. Plus lot's of pictures.

I saw that listed on Facebook Marketplace. About a half
hour from my house. Was tempted to look but that would
have lead to buying. Tony Jacobs said he sold that tractor
about 20 years ago. Nice buy.

Vito

Vito,

I talked to Tony also and that was what sealed the deal. I know that early SOS's are prone to problems but having Tony's knowledge of that particular tractor made it an easy decision with the front loader. I have a 1210 that has been great for about 10 years but obviously, it can only do so much. I have a lot of work for the Ford so it was a logical buy doubled with the resale value of an original Elenco and Tony's knowledge.

Thanks for the response

Congrats! I saw the tractor for sale a while back as well. I was tempted to contact the seller, but a little leary of the SOS. I'm curious about the pto lever. In the seller's pics it looked like there may have been some rigging of the pto lever area, but the pic was grainy and out of focus. Does it have the original pto control setup? Just wondering....

Thanks,

I'm not sure yet as I am addressing the power steering leak. But Tony said it was worth a drive and being that he owned it and serviced it at one point. Once I get the power steering sorted, I will address any mods.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back