1966 ford 4000 sos!!!

Redneck306

New User
Hello,

I think I already posted in this forum but I can't find it. Short story is I bought a 1966 ford 4000 sos a couple months ago, I got it running and it moved, but the selector was off 2 gears. When it read park it was in R1, r2 was neutral, r1 was 1st and so on. I have nothing in 9th or 10th. So after talking to alot of people including Arthur's tractor in PA, I was directed to loosen the nut on the shifter and roll the shifter back 2 gears. That worked great except now the tractor doesn't move and when the tractor is in r2 it sounds like it is working very hard. Every other gear doesn't do anything. Please help! I have a manual but no experience with sos transmissions.

Which manual do you have, the Operator's Manual or the Service Manual? The Service Manual has the proper procedure for adjusting the selector cable so that it should work properlry in all gears and the selector should read the proper gear.

So I think I have the transmission disconnect switch in neutral. I will message back when I get home. I have the IT manual

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back