Case Nutty 1660

cnt
cvphoto4122.jpg

cvphoto4123.jpg

cvphoto4124.jpg

cvphoto4125.jpg

cvphoto4126.jpg

I had to rush this barley hay a bit for the threshing demo, it was still a bit Green in places, and the result was a couple broken bales,

cvphoto4127.jpg

cvphoto4128.jpg

the DC was on hand to help with the loading,, ended up taking 60 bales to the demo

cvphoto4129.jpg

cvphoto4130.jpg

the day of the demo was a truly Miserable day, it was 75 degrees at 7am and 98% humidity, while I was threshing it was 88-90 degrees with the same humidity and almost zero breeze,, the kind of day that you sweat just standing in shade, all in all it was a huge success for the museum, the final count was 580 people signed in and they guessed another 300 did not sign the ledger

cvphoto4131.jpg

cvphoto4132.jpg

cvphoto4133.jpg

cvphoto4134.jpg

cvphoto4135.jpg

cvphoto4136.jpg

The pounding rains and hails had again packed my summer fallow down and I had some bigger weeds getting away from me, the 1470 I had not had time to replace the turbo on yet so I hooked the 970 on the "G" series offset, I only needed to run about 2 1/2" deep in most places to cut the weeds so we got along fine

cvphoto4137.jpg

cvphoto4138.jpg

cvphoto4139.jpg

cvphoto4140.jpg

Here you can see the weed growth getting way out of hand due to it being too wet to keep things worked like I should,, it would be a couple days after this was shot by the time I got this 130 acre field worked between putting up my grain hay, I had shelled the main variable belt when the roll pin that hold the stationary driven pulley half and let things get out of alignment, the 580 was used to hold up the variable assembly to be able to change out the belt with out a whole lot of other loosening and saves me about a hour of extra non needed work, the 955 was back to laying down grain in about a hour

cvphoto4141.jpg

cvphoto4142.jpg

the same day I had a inside dual blow out on the 970,, tire was not good when I bought it and we found the PO had installed four boots already in breaks in the tire so we installed a good used extra I had on hand, I had already had the CC removed but there was a gallon or two that BLEW out when it went

cvphoto4143.jpg

cvphoto4144.jpg

my tire was a Busy at the time it blew but came early the next morning, the hyd jack was used again with Great success my tire guy loves it

cvphoto4145.jpg

cvphoto4146.jpg

cvphoto4147.jpg

cvphoto4148.jpg

Even with the hails we had to this point the grain was still making almost 2 tons per acre here, but was damaged so bad a lot of it had turned golden

cvphoto4150.jpg

cvphoto4151.jpg

I chuckled Tom at your answer, that is why we buy extra tractors for each job, my Mrs. ask me that years ago and stop asking after I said I want to do things myself, so I need them all. And tom its great way to collect, as you use them for what the "GREAT" J.I.Case Company built them for.

You know Tom that evening sunset, I just expect Allan Ladd to come up with his trusty horse!

Looks like a rotten Dyna Torque. Gee the grip was good too.

I was wondering Tom, if you got any Thanks for setting up the thrashing display, man that's a lot of work. And sacrificing your crop. What's wrong with the words Thank you.

Have you thought of a memorabilia post, signs, misc?

Great pictures, Tom

Tom, You said that the G SERIES disc was cutting 2.5 inches. How deep will it cut and what are the size of the disc? Again great pictures I enjoy reading and looking . Jerry from OHIO

Dan, the folks at the Museum was Really Great about the whole deal, they supplied the insurance and items to rope off the display along with as many "guards" as I wanted when it was running to keep the folks back and Safe,, The staff all said my demo was the highlight of the show,, even though I only did three 15 min runs, I also had a handful of Really Nice people come up and chat with me between shows,, one man with a walker was Raving about how he had pitched to one when he was young,, and was sure he would never again see one running, he stayed for two runs and looked it all over very well and several times and could not thank me enough for doing it, others came just because they seen me roading to the show, one young boy about 3 I was told by his Mom seen the setup from a block away and went Nuts as he Loves tractors, I let his Mom set him on the SC seat when it was shut off and "Drive" she would bounce the seat a bit and the SMILE that boy got every time and the man with the walker alone made it all Very worthwhile too me. The museum had got a partial grant and donations from the area to help out with expenses and insisted i take some pay for it,, I finally agreed to accept a couple hundred for it about half what they was wanting to give, the only drawback for me was the timing as I was trying to get my haying wrapped up but it all worked out great, I would guess I talked to 20 folks about it and gave away grain samples to anyone who wanted some. I also did not have to clean up the straw pile as the community gardens is about a half a block from the demo sight and they asked to buy it for the soil,, I was Glad to give it to them to save me the work of hauling it away, I will do a post on what I ave for signs ect later on Thanks for all the comments
cnt

Jerry, this one is the largest they made and cuts 18' and will go down 8" or more but that takes a 4x4 to pull it then and depending on soil type and condition it will slide a 2670 with duals sideways

Tom, I need one of those disc. I am afraid with the wet weather and harvesting let tracks in the fields and that disc will do the job. I will be up to bring it home to us, but it may not find its way back. Have a great day.[ grin] Jerry

Tom,As stated before, keep the pictures coming.I own a 1948 22?37 machine that I take to our local show.The first year I brought it I invited the family of the first owners who bought it new.He was unable to believe that the machine had not been junked.Watching his face as he ckecked out the machine in action was worth it.He passed away the next year.

Seeing your pictures, makes me wish I was retired. I?d love to head out west and help you do some summer fallow with that 1470. You have some nice stuff. And I really like the looks of that open space, don?t know about that heat though.

Hey Bro., I see in the one pic that the flat belt on the SC is running out just a tad. You should have moved the front of tractor to the RH another 1/4"
Just had to push your chain a bit HeHe.
Loren

That's good to hear, as both of us have done these things and get little thanks. I have been thinking and plan too do a little get together at the farm eventually, I have others interested, and plan to line up my 30plus old gas engines and a friend of mine that has that amount too, plus fire up the "Big Joe" ( a barbecue my Dad built for me) and throw on a few briskets and have a great feed bag, and have friends and neighbor, sounds like a pipe dream, but really I have done a lot of them in business so it might be a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

I know you have set up the separator at your farm, did you put together some eats? In a way I'm kinda worn out on shows. And how the public perceives this history.

Nice selection of pics Tom, I was wondering like in the last pic was the unmowed strip between the bales left to catch snow in the winter? I noticed the strip in a different pic also, Rod.

Rod, I have to have two full 14' windrows to be able to start a round bale in grain,, so I leave that strip to mature and I combine it,, this year the hail took it out before I could combine it
cnt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back