2510 FEL options

Lorne_walde

New User
Hi all, I just joined this group and this is my first topic! My question is this: I have a diesel powershift 2510 that I would like to put a FEL on, which John Deere loaders will work on a 2510? I have seen one with a 148 FEL on it. Will a 146 work? What is the difference? How about a 46 or 48? Also, are these loaders made to run off the tractor hydraulics or do they need a PTO driven pump? Thanks!

Being a owner of two 2510's and one 2520 and a past JD tech since 1977 for whats that worth, I
will tell you what I wouldn't do if you plan on using this tractor / loader combo to its full
potential. Do not mount any loader on these light tractors no matter what brand of loader, that
does not have the loader frames attached to the rear axle for mounting support. The 2510 and 20
different that 3020 or 4020 tractors do not have the frame to chassis integrity for a loader if
put in full capacity conditions. Seen many work the tractor frames loose from block and pump
frame destroying all three. Even if you find a nice loader that brackets do not extend back to
axle, have brackets modified so the do. Best money you will ever spend! If a 2510, you may want
a larger hydraulic pump in it than came on the 2510 as the larger / heavier loaders will have
larger cylinders and the stock / small 2510 pump will be slow.

I like the 46A loaders. They push from the rear axle and go on and off easy. I have had one on a 3020 for
over 30 years. I do have a nice 46A here for sale with a valve. Located southwest WI. Tom

I put a 148 on my Oliver 1550 that came off 4020. The 148 was made to fit nearly the whole line at the time but had different mountings for RC and
Utilities. The RC mounts that I have only go on to the side frames. Pics of mine and his.
cvphoto166559.jpg

cvphoto166560.jpg

Good to know, I will definitely try to find a loader that has a frame that mounts to the rear axle. Sounds like a 46a would be a good option.

Not many JD 2510 diesel powershifts made, some consider this combination to have value as a collector or restoration.

I have a 46A on a 3020 and neighbor has one on a 2510. No front axle or frame problems.Been on 30 plus years for both..The main cylinders should have been bigger but we both hauled round bales with no problems..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back