3255 Blowing #8 fuse

fspring

never had a problem with this tractor till this summer. we were burning out fuse cards last summer and installed a new circuit board over the winter, and that corrected the AC and Radio quiting. now im blowing
the #8 fuse when i go to start it. i changed out the start switch, still does it. if i put the key to run, everything works in the cab, lights, radio fan ect. for a while it would start and the blow the fuse,
no it blows the fuse before it starts. i unhooked the wire to the starter solenoid, still does the same thing.

Everything was off. I took out the circuit board and checked it over, looked fine. Tossed a 30 Amp fuse in and now it starts.

As you've determined the wiring & printed circuit board on JD tractors equipped with a cab built in Mannheim wasn't one of JD engineers most shining moments. IMHO the wiring schematics in tech manual on JD 55 series utility tractor equipped with a cab leaves a lot to be desired.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back