41 H Farmall fan belt pulley

I have a question regarding the adjustment on my main (crank to water pump) adjustment on my 41 H. Is further adjustment possible as I have screwed in my adjuster side as far as it will go and ran out of threads, yet it looks like it could come in another quarter inch. Is there any adjustment to bring in the threaded hub itself, recently replaced my fan belt with a new correct fan belt but after a few days wear and run time its flopping all over, either I need to find an extra wide belt or slightly shorter or adjust the threaded hub in more. My pulleys do not appear excessively worn ??? any suggestions or is further adjustment possible. Short of making a third tensioner pulley ( which I have already considered )

Reason I ask here as my book doesn't go into any detail here as it is just one of these IT shop service manuals, shows me a decent diagram but points out the different parts of the assembly that is about it.

Possibly the rear sheave of pulley has slipped and moved to the rear. It is pressed on and then pinned. If that front pulley was ever replaced and rear half not pinned that is a possibility. Other wise, sever pulley wear or stripped thread on adjustable pulley.

Looks like I be pulling this apart, wish I had a better diagram of what is all there, what is the arm that has what looks like it has two spring loaded dowels in front of the fan blade all about? I know I need to get this corrected before I bother with the upgrade kit to a 12v alternator... just double checked my serial number and find I have a 1940 model instead of a 41 not that there is much difference if any

Probably not your problem, but since a lot of things could be changed from 1940. Check to see if someone put a 300 or 350 engine in, or a 300 or 350 crank pulley on with a H coolant pump.
Later pulley would have at least 3 timing notches and a H won't have that many.

The arm and dowels you describe are what drives the impeller in the water pump. You will see how it goes as you disassemble it. It is hard for me to describe. Here is a picture of the page in my manual.
Zach
a97113.jpg

I will double check for sure, but when I rebuilt the engine top end all the new parts were for the 41 ( I thought ) engine and everything fit as it should, I even noticed the pistons and ring set up reminded me of a diesel, so this would fit with in line with a distillate fuel burner I assume. But again I will be doing some more in depth checking to be sure, never what any previous owner might have done.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back