4610 fuel filter change, now won't start

oneofeach

I changed the fuel filter on 4610, bled it as normal, now it wont start, I'm perplexed. It has a CAV pump 1 canister filter the other has the glass section on bottom. The pump seems to be air locked but I can't say for sure, if it was a MINIMEC pump I've removed the side cove and found the rail stuck back in the stop position is there any similar situation with this pump. Any feed back is appreciated!

I may be misunderstanding your description, but it sounds like you have two fuel filters, not one. Do you have one filter or two? One may have a glass bowl and the other has a metal bowl. The same element is used with both bowls.

What brand and part number filter did you use? Sometimes the top gasket on the Wix 33166 (NAPA 3166) type gets down into the groove around the inside of the top of the element, instead of up in the housing groove, and blocks the fuel flow.

If it has NAPA/WIX filter like Jim said MAKE SURE there's NO extra O ring put in the filter top outer groove, that's the fuel inlet passage and must remain open. The filter lip seals the top with the O ring in the BASE groove. Loosen all injector line nuts and crank engine to bleed any trapped air from the lines. When air free fuel is at each injector tighten nuts and start engine. The CAV DPA pumps can be hard to bleed sometimes.

Yep, listen to these guys, Dieseltech bailed me out with the exact same problem on my Ford 2310. gasket looks like it should go in the upper groove of the filter, but blocks fuel flow.

mvphoto105279.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back