4630 hydraulic/ transmission issues

Need some help diagnosing a problem on my 4630 quad range. Was disking a few days ago and heard what sounded like I ran over some metal. Hard to tell because I had my ear buds in listening to music. (Bad idea) Anyways I shifted to neutral and got off the tractor and looked behind the disc and didn’t find any metal. Tractor sounded normal, got back in the cab and put it in B 2 let off the clutch and… nothing. No steering, brakes , 3pt hitch, pto. Clutch seems a little spongy. Seems like it will go in all the gears but very easily. Tractor doesn’t budge at any rpm. What am I dealing with here? Transmission pump? I pulled sump screen and it was pretty clogged. Decent amount of brass looking shavings on it. Cleaned it up and put it back in as a Hail Mary and nothing. Tractor has 10,500 hrs on it, have not had ANY hydraulic problems in the last few years. Transmission light never came on. What is the next thing to check? Get a pressure guage and check pump pressure? Pull pump shaft out of top link? Destroke front pump? Thank you in advance! I wouldn’t call myself a mechanic so I need all the help I can get on this one.
Any progress with this?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back