5.00-15 Tubes

jd2cyl1943

I'm trying to mount my front tires and have gone through serval tubes that split at the seam when inflated. I'm not made of money, so I can't afford to keep buying different brands of tubes hoping one will work, so what have you guys had luck, other than bad, with? Thanks a lot!

Hi, Andrew. Last year I bought a pair of 15x5's for the front of my Massey. They turned out to be Firestones, very reasonable, and worked well. I'll have to go look though my stuff and figure out where I got them. steve

I'm trying to mount my front tires and have gone through serval tubes that split at the seam when inflated. I'm not made of money, so I can't afford to keep buying different brands of tubes hoping one will work, so what have you guys had luck, other than bad, with? Thanks a lot!
The tube your getting are made in the land of almost right as in China. BUY only made in the U.S.A. tubes and never look back again

The tube your getting are made in the land of almost right as in China. BUY only made in the U.S.A. tubes and never look back again
I bought a "US brand" tube the other day from a farm tire dealer, don't remember, offhand which "US" tire company it was and the tube was made in Viet Nam!

I think you would be hard pressed to find a US-made inner tube today unless N.O.S..

Take it back , as it is warranty. Next one would be free. Have you shown the dealer what’s happening ? I had the same thing happen on a rear tractor tire. Next one was warranty. But I put the original Firestone tube back in and the Chinese warranty tube is on the shelf. They are Chinese made and even the dealer said don’t use fluid in them. Plus they are thinner rubber than a Firestone tube. Long as you are not pinching the tube. You say several tubes , well that’s a pile of money.

Are you certain you’re not pinching the tube with your tools during installation? You have to keep the opposite side of the tire from where your trying to pry it over the rim lip squeezed together and in the center channel area to mount it easier with less struggle. It probably will mean nothing on an off brand tube but get a “heavy duty” one.

"Warranty" is hard to claim once you've put the tube in the tire, because you're not a professional and the assumption is you don't know what you're doing, and pinched the tube. If the tube split when you were pre-inflating it prior to installing the tire, by all means take it back.

Last year I did manage to get a warranty replacement on a Firestone natural rubber 18.4R38 tube. The entire valve stem peeled off the tube as if it had never been glued on. Tire guy was straight with me and told me it was probably my fault, until he saw the tube. He'd never seen one peel off like that before. They're supposedly glued on so well they tear the tube.

I have been buying my tubes from a place called tiregeek.com. They seem to be rubber tubes unlike the plastic tubes you get at the local farm supply stores.

Tube stems are usually not centered. Be aware that a tube can/will tear if the stem is not on the correct side for the rim hole. Lay the tube out and see where the stem is pointing, that is the way it should go into the hole. Tubes mounted wrong side up lead to tearing and most tire shops have seen that and won't warranty tubes they don't install for that reason. If needed air the ube up a bit before you install it to see where the stem points, then let/squeeze the air out of it to install into the tire. What are your mounting steps to get the tires and tubes on the rims?

Do you have tire bars/spoons or are you using big screw drivers and pry bars? Sharp edges can start tears. Do you have a "fish" chain or cable to put on the stem while installing the tube? Using one of those through the stem hole lets the tube drop fully in and you can pull the stem out after the tire is fully on the rim, reducing risk to the tube, if you are trying to keep the stem in the rim hole while installing the tire on the rim. You can powder the inside of the tire with Baby powder to make it slippery for the tube. Are you using a real tire lube paste like Murphy tire lube on the beads of the tire? Once mounted I like to blow them up and release the air a couple times to help let the tube settle into the tire and work any wrinkles out.

I have much better luck buying and using radial tubes of an appropriate size, instead of implement type tubes, which is what you are likely getting. I believe a heavy rubber FR15 radial tube will work in your 5.00-15 tires. If your rims have the larger holes, about 5/8" you should use the TR13 to TR15 plastic valve stem bushings to go over the stems of the radial tubes to fill the holes (a tire shop that deals in truck and implement tires should have them. Doberman is one brand of tube I have had good luck with, but If at the tire shop, If they have more than one grade of tubes, I tell them I want the same ones they install (they don't want comebacks so I figure they will have quality tubes). Are you ordering online or getting tubes from a tire shop?

I got some tubes for a snowblower from Amazon. One leaked right out of the box. What ever it was made from it would not take a patch. Totally junk.

As JIm stated is most of the problems with installing tubes. A good tire dealer can get the good tubes. They will cost more but do hold up better.

Where are you buying the tubes? From a place like Tractor Supply or a similar store? My advice is go to a tire dealer that installs tires and buy a tube from them and have them install it. No issue with warranty if they install the tube and there's a problem.

Most of the repair shops and tire dealers around here use and sell Korean tubes which don't split.

"Warranty" is hard to claim once you've put the tube in the tire, because you're not a professional and the assumption is you don't know what you're doing, and pinched the tube. If the tube split when you were pre-inflating it prior to installing the tire, by all means take it back.

Last year I did manage to get a warranty replacement on a Firestone natural rubber 18.4R38 tube. The entire valve stem peeled off the tube as if it had never been glued on. Tire guy was straight with me and told me it was probably my fault, until he saw the tube. He'd never seen one peel off like that before. They're supposedly glued on so well they tear the tube.

I have been buying my tubes from a place called tiregeek.com. They seem to be rubber tubes unlike the plastic tubes you get at the local farm supply stores.
thats why if its split on a seam its warranty , and its pretty easy to see if the tire guy has the tube in his hand. plus no idea where these tubes are being bought, but most likely from some tire dealer. for jd 2 cyl..... you need to get the inner bead over the rim, then you install the tube, and even use the valve holding tool if you have one not to loose the valve stem in side. then you flip the outer bead over the rim with your spoon which is a special tool for demounting and mounting tires. murphy soap is your friend in this case, mounting tires dry is kinda hard when the tire is stubborn. then do a check to make sure the tube is not in the bead area and air it up with out the core installed till the beads seats .and be careful not to exceed max air up pressure. people have gotten hurt and killed from the rim splitting. then install the core .30 psi is lots in them tires.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back