Lightner

Just purchased a Ford 541 offset. Is the transmission, rear end and hydraulic fluids all in the same compartment?
Thanks in advance for your help

Congratulations on your find! Those are not a common tractor. The three cases are separate. You will find three drains underneath and three fills up top.

As Showcrop already said, 541 offset is a common find and there are three separate compartments for trans, rear, and hydraulics. Nowadays it is not uncommon to run the same 134 fluid in all three sumps as the pto shaft runs between the rear and hydraulic sump and the 60 year old seal around pto shaft may allow intermingling of fluid between sumps.

Thanks for the information. Any idea how much each
compartment holds and what type fluid I need to use. I
know the florid on transmission is really ugly.

Great find! Definitely my bucket list tractor! I usually buy 2 five gallon buckets of fluid when I change it in my Fords. Our local, Mom and Pop feed store is the cheapest! Post a picture!

Kudos on your new machine. The first thing you should do is invest in the Essential Manuals for you tractor if'N ya wanna be a FORD TRACTOR owner. Read religiously and digest the data B4 you do anything else, especially yanking old parts off. You can find manuals and brochures on fleabay often. The NAA, 500, 600, and 700 Series all used the 134 CID/OHV Red Tiger Engine. 541 is defined as: 5 = 134 GAS; 4 = 4 SPD Trans; and 1 = Model used from 57 thru 62. Capacities are pretty much the same as the NAA Model with trans at 5 qts, Hyd Lift at 8.0 qts, and diffy at 7.5 qts. Always start at the rear diffy plug when draining oil. Three drains for oils; one for engine oil with the latter closest at the front so don't get it wrong. Best to do more reading and investigating before you start pulling plugs.

FORD 541 OFFSET:
NLao0Iil.png
BMB13AJl.jpg
StyVERdl.jpg

ESSENTIAL MANUALS; REQUIRED READING:
8xUAQV2l.png
lDpW7fhl.jpg
0gZ7MDYl.jpg
ryCjW6Xl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back