806 18.4-34 tire install

I have a couple questions regarding the mounting of a used 18.4-34 tire and rim on my 806. I took the old tire and rim off and left
the hub on the axle. The used tire/rim came with a hub on it as well, but I need to turn the rim around as it was off the other
side. The new/used tire and rim has fluid in it. I have a skid steer and several guys to help me.

1. I am assuming I should remove the hub off the new tire and rim and mount it onto the existing hub and mount it with the 12 wedges
vs flipping the hub around and trying to mount the whole assembly on the axle?
2. The rim has 4 notches on it, where does these go if I mount it on the old hub already on the tractor?
3. The new setup only had 6 wedges holding rim on the hub, the old hub had 12 wedges. When I set them together, they are different.
I have read there are are a few that are different, how do you tell? I have attached a few pictures. Thanks
cvphoto55445.jpg

cvphoto55446.jpg

I only count 15 lugs. By your post there should be 18. 3 are missing from your picture.

An 806 should have 12 lugs. 6 is not enough.

Two of the lugs are "fixed" lugs. These go 90 degrees from each other on the hub, and two of the "nubs" on the rim fit into these. The rest of the adjustable lugs are installed and tightened to get the tire to run true and round.

Laying the 12 lugs out you will see "one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..." Do that twice and you've found your two fixed lugs.

If my image posting works, the fixed clamp is on the left:
57c30da959e18_IMG_11941.JPG.696d83d746ade70d138a8af88898d2b1.JPG

Instructions from the manual:
57c254ab58f62_rearwheelinstructions2.jpg.b53fe894b6e07a3332f6ab6b7db40fb8.jpg

yes remove that other hub , tractor has its own hub. so use what the tractor has as before. makes no difference where those stops are . stick the rim on top the hub jack up the tractor and the bottom of rim will fall into place . also next time post a complete tractor rear tire picture as that is much better than posting a piece of a tire. also dont need several guys getting in the way. 2 man job.

Ok thanks, the picture makes sense. I know I am missing a few of the wedges, I will try to find those. I am still struggling with
finding two "fixed lugs". In my picture, 9 on top look the same, bottom 7 are alot thicker, and like a dummy I didnt pay attention
which ones came off which tire. Did IH make a couple differnt style lugs?

You will want a few of those lugs to wind up so they straddle those nubs in the rims not just the bevel but the nubs they keep it from turning/slipping on the rim under load/torque. Look at the picture Barnyard poste the left lug is straddle the nub in there if you look close.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back