830 CASE-O-MATIC

Just purchased an 830. I've owned two previous CASE-O-MATIC, a 410B and a 530. The torque converter always unlocks when the clutch pedal
(pressure dump) is depressed. This 830 will not do that. Otherwise, the torque converter operates normally, will lock and unlock manually, pressure in the green on the gauge. On the 410B and the 530 there is some mechanical linkage that pushes the lever to the unlocked position when the pedal is depressed. I don't see any mechanical linkage that would do that on the 830. What am I missing here?

On the LH side of the torque tube you will find the 2 spool control valve for the COM. The top spool is the direct drive lockup spool. The lever pulls the spool out to lock the converter. The bottom spool is the dump valve. Notice that both spools have a metal tab over the spools with a snap-ring holding them in place. Either a tab has broken off or the snap-ring has broken on one of the spools.
First pic is in converter drive. Second is in direct drive.
Check to see if your tabs are in place.
Loren
cvphoto9148.jpg

cvphoto9149.jpg

I purchased an 800 that had the tab reversed. I think it was done intentionally so it would remain in direct range when you deactivated the clutch for the converter. This was not good for the direct drive as it failed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back