931 comfort king draftomatic low hydraulic pressure

1974vette

I have a 931 case comfort king draftomatic. 3 point seems
to lift good but weak hydraulic,
I have a loader on it and it will lift the front wheels of tractor
off the ground. I bought a 3 point flail mower and the
hydraulics wont lift the cutting head. Does 3 point and
hydraulics use same pump for hydraulic pressure?

Can I put fleet farm hy-Tran in it ? I have only used case Ih
hy-Tran previously but no one is open this afternoon
Thanks for replys

Same pump for 3 point and couplers. Given your questions, you do know the hydraulic outlets are paired left and right, not vertically. Another thing to check is that the couplers are fully opening. Sometimes the protrusion on the male couplers gets wore down or damaged so the oil flow is impeded.

Put a gage on the couplers and test pressure. There could be several issues. The couplers is one, hoses hooked correct is another. Could also be a valve issue, just fixed a 970 with low pressure because the relief spring was bad. Could also be the thermal reliefs, they usually show by the cylinder not holding in one direction. Could also be the pump. The 3pt gets its oil after the remote valves, so an issue with that won't usually cause issues with remotes.

Any quality Transmission-Hyd. Oil. Add 1 gallon of 85W140 to it to give it body. The CASE Hyd. System is low pressure compared to today, so maybe you simply need a larger bore cyl..

Don't you think it would be easier to get a pressure check 1st like Jon suggested? Given what you said in your opening post, I'm guessing your Hyd's are OK.

I over filled with by-Tran and kept working the remotes back and forth and the hydraulic pressure seems to have returned.
Another issue I had with the hydraulics is I cant gently or slowly let an implement down. I try gently feather the valve and it just drops. This has been a long standing issue but I use it mainly for a loader tractor and I can feather or gently use the loader valve. Wouldnt mind fixing that issue while at this. Thank you for all the responses. It is really helpful.
I will put a pressure check on the hydraulic just so I know where it is at.

1800 is not bad. You can shut the relief to get like the 1030 without issues. I think they run. 2000 psi. You need a very thin shim tho. A 1/4 inch flat washer fits but is too thick. Too much pressure and you can split the pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back