9700 charging system

Looking for some wiring diagrams for the charging system on a 9700. I replaced the alternator and regulator and that did not fix it. The dash light flickers a little at higher rpm like its trying to charge. Before I replaced the alternator it would be just a solid light. I cleaned the plug at the firewall and that made no difference either. All fuses are good. I inspected the wiring harness when it was off and that looked all fine. Anything else i could try. Would really rather not go to the single wire alternator

Has got a solid state regulator. Check that plug for corrosion, too. Even if it’s clean, the rubber gets hard and sometimes the pins don’t make good contact. Clean everything shiny bright and spread the male terminals slightly with something like a test light probe, so the two halves snap together with a little dielectric grease.
If the plug is in horrible shape , just cut both ends off and replace them with spade connectors.
IMG_0616.jpeg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back