After 20 years

charlie n

I'm retiring the Haybine. I'm down to 30 acres and all grass. No more small squares either.
cvphoto127465.jpg

You'll like it they are almost impossible to plug up.i have a seven ft Newholland.if you've never used it yet the top link determines how short it will cut

There are several of those running around here. Been thinking about one of them too, but the 472 haybine keeps going. A friend really likes his.

I currently have the 6' TR 185 I use with an '88 Ford 3910 for some of my haying operations as I am setup for 6' implements. I replaced the long bar that extends out over the mowing assembly with a hydraulic cylinder which makes transporting over uneven terrain and narrow gates easier since I can raise it up. I like the wind rows it makes as the tractor tires don't stomp on the freshly cut hay on the follow on trips around the field. Blades last a long time, sharpen easily, and reversing gives you 2 sets of blades in 1.

The drum cuts close to the ground and really is a grass cutter. The haybine (I use a Ford 538) is necessary to get the stubble height you need and the crimp function which, with a tedder (TR makes a super tedder also, prefer the drag type...have that too) makes for really fast drying hay that I must have for late spring Rye Grass baling.

There're half the price of a disc mower. Look on tractorhouse. Shipping cost to the dealers all are different.

Got a similar one only it doesn't have the hydraulic on it. It is a Kverneland and it is 26 years old. I like it but it really is too small for the tractor that I use now. I have to move it out as far to the right as the 3 point allows and I am running the left side tractor wheels over a previous windrow.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back