Agco-Allis 6690

Have a 6690 Ago -Allis that is stuck in low range. Any suggestions on how to free it up so I can get in a higher range?
I am also looking for brackets for a WESTENDORF loader for a 8010 Allis.

Hello CR, welcome to YT! I would suggest you post this on the Allis forum.
YT Allis forum There is a poster there that goes by DrAllis, not sure if he will be familiar with your particular model or not due to its foreign origins. I don’t know if he views here, but he never posts outside of that forum so that is your best approach to repost it.

Have a 6690 Ago -Allis that is stuck in low range. Any suggestions on how to free it up so I can get in a higher range?
I am also looking for brackets for a WESTENDORF loader for a 8010 Allis.
A little more history and context on this would be helpful. Has it always been like this? This happened after.... (for example, after shifting from reverse to low on a steep hill with a load, or after sitting outside in the weather for several years)? Is the lever itself stuck or does it flop around? Information such as that eliminates certain types of problems and makes others more likely.

The only thing "Allis" on a 6690 is the orange paint. The tractor itself is a SAME (pronounced sah-mee, not "same"), though I think it's an acronym. My neighbor has one from the same series, a 6680 I think. It's been a good tractor for him for the past couple of years. He has had to do very little mechanically on it, certainly nothing with the range shifter. I've never been close enough to it to see how the shifters work, whether they're on the side console or between your feet on the floor.

All I can offer is general advice. For anything specific you may have to consult an Agco dealer. I'm sure you're looking for a quick magic screwdriver adjustment fix, but that may not be possible.

Follow the shift linkage if it's a side console shift. Make sure it's free to move. Disconnect it wherever you can if you can. If you can confirm that the linkage itself isn't stuck, then the problem is internal and you're going to have to dig deeper.

Shifters on the floor most likely go directly into the transmission. Hopefully you can pull up the floor of the cab and access the top cover of the transmission to see what's going on.

As Barnyard posted, the location of the shifter is a huge factor here. Many tractors have long linkages with multiple joints that with wear will stop functioning properly. If your shifter is not on the floor in the middle it would be worth your while to dig into it, and watch what is happening as you move the shifter. Sometimes they can be adjusted and sometimes a little welding and grinding down will fix them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back