Allis 190 hydraulic problem

Dsisk

New User
I have a Allis Chalmers 190 and the three point and the remote hydraulics are really slow , and the steering is a little jerky . It is the same when cold or warmed up. Do I need to change the filter or is there something else

Are you sure there is enough oil in it? It is the front plug (if memory serves me correctly) not the same hole as the dipstick. Mine
had the same problem, we were adding oil in the wrong place.

It sucks the oil from the bottom of the trans near the
front. Erratic hydraulics means low fluid, suction
leaks or blocked strainer. Have to take that pipe off
the bottom and see whats in there. Inspect the
hose coupling , which you have to remove in order
to remove the pipe, if old and hard, just replace it .

If you don't know when the last time the filter was changed, then it is probably time to change it. Whether it is the cause of the problem, or will fix the problem, is cheap and easy to determine.

Generally speaking if the filter is so bad that there are problems, other damage has occurred and simply changing the filter won't resolve the problems.

Also generally speaking there isn't one "thing" in a relatively complex hydraulic system that causes all problems. Troubleshooting is necessary to determine what and where the problem is. Unfortunately I don't have specific knowledge of Allis 190's so I can only tell you to start with pressure and flow checks. Of course you need special tools that are way expensive to perform those tests...

Hydraulic fluid is stored in the torque tube case in front of the transmission. When sitting in the seat, the dipstick for that is on the left of the shift linkage after you remove the covers. The transmission/diff housing dipstick is on the right side.

Hello on my XT's I had 3 of them over the years ,I had trouble with the steering getting slow , on the top of the pump is a hex plug that
has a releaf spring and piston ( I believe ) in it . I would remove the plug, spring and piston with a bent wire ,then turn the engine over
with the injection pump off, mine were diesels , till oil came out of the plug hole , I wraped a paper towel around the housing to catch the
oil that spilled often there was a tiny pebble it the oil, The hydraulic dip stick is STUPID it screws into the top of the houseing ,while
the other dipstick has a neck on it. When adding oil to hydraulics you should pressure wash around the dipstick because tiny pebbles and dirt
like to gather around the hole. this was my experiance . best of luck Bryan

Some thing I forgot was something went wrong ,I think with the 2 speed It would pump hydralic oil into the transmission , this requires
splitting the tractor , I cheated I pulled the drain plugs on the trans and hydraulics ,tapped 3/8 inch pipe threads in both plugs ran a hose
between both plugs to equil the oil out ( Hytran ) both holes . I used these tractors for light work haying grinding feed snow blowing
hauling manure , and pulling grain drill . I did this to 2 of them and used them for years , it worked for me . Bryan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back