Allis Chalmers 8010 electronic fuel pump

F M Schrank

New User
8010 1983, with SN 2030, concerning the electronic fuel pump. Would a faulty electronic fuel pump cause the engine to stall, cause surging, rough idle, and low power, more smoke? AS a clue; The filters have been changed, however notice the fuel flow was slow to refill the filters.

8010 electric fuel pump must be able to flow a MINIMUM of 1 gallon in five minutes. Before you replace the pump make absolutely sure that fuel can flow OUT OF THE TANK at the bottom outlet nipple connection. Fuel should gush out of the tank, not dribble by gravity.

Ok, I check the fuel tank, next. just for some information, When changing the fuel filter next to the frame and pump, the fuel
was flowing freely at that point. however, when the first filter was primed. the second filter past the pump did not have fuel
flow when the pump was running, Fuel flow did not even push out air bubbles....

(quoted from post at 07:31:50 11/07/23) Ok, I check the fuel tank, next. just for some information, When changing the fuel filter next to the frame and pump, the fuel
was flowing freely at that point. however, when the first filter was primed. the second filter past the pump did not have fuel
flow when the pump was running, Fuel flow did not even push out air bubbles....
Like I say, there has to be a MINIMUM of 1 gallon in 5 minutes flow or things won't work right. The engine cannot be starved for fuel delivery.

I f you are getting a flow of fuel from the tank, yes, the electric fuel pump can cause the problem. A telltale sign it is failing is that it doesnt have a smooth steady whirring sound. If you replace it, also be sure to replace it with one supplying proper pressure also, if memory serves me correctly it should be 5-7 PSI. Someone on this site can tell you for sure, but this can alter things like the injector pump timing advance.

Yes, the old fuel pump was not working, no pressure at all. The new fuel pump ordered from AGCO was a Holley, and the engine fired right up. Thank for the information.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back