Another one follows me home..

Well I took dad for a ride yesterday and went and looked at, what we determined to be a later model 861D.. told the balancer went and took the crank gear. local dealer pulled pan and looked at it.. quoted them over $2000 in just labor. So they decided no go..
We get there to look at it.. as usual part of the numbers have been eaten with battery acid. It has a matched set of 13.6/28 at 80%, a set of 9.5/15 on 8" rims on the front and factory power steering.

I have a nice chat with the fellow and find out he is the second owner he has had it since the late 70/early 80's. I notice the Inj pump is blue and comment on it.. he says just a min.. he goes in the shed and comes out with an envelope, in it is receipts from the local dealer.. the pump and injectors where done in the last 3 years, a clutch 5 years ago and an engine overhaul via broken crankshaft in 1992.. At this point we decide to go ahead and get it.. ask if he would be ok if we paid now and came back to get it later. he agreed.
We took the trailer today and picked it up.. as i'm winching it on the trailer, he comes packing out a new battery and says "I didn't want it to get started accidentally" Then he comes packing a 5 gal bucket in it is an oem double spool remote valve.." this leaked a bit and I didn't use em so I took it off and put a block off plate on it."

I almost feel guilty.. But when he said $1000 I didn't even haggle..

Just what I need another project..

When does this sickness end??

If the gear is the only thing wrong with the crankshaft, remove the gears from the balancer and put the balancer frame back in and run it like that. The first 801 diesels did not have a balancer. I have removed several balancers from 801 diesels without ill effect.

My plan is, when I get a free spot and a few other projects done (winter). I'll pull it in the shop and pull the pan and take a look for myself.. If it gets done now, it would get tied to a baler for the rest of the summer..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back