Approx value for used front mount PTO pump

I am looking to sell a used front mount PTO hydraulic pump including a sweepster enclosed hydraulic system, with 3 lever control valve, and in-line filter.
The system was used as a broom by a local school and was mounted on a 1978 ford 3600.
The broom is not included, but the system looks to be otherwise complete.
I think the PTO pump might be Ford OEM as it is painted blue.

Several questions;
1. What is a ballpark value for this setup?
2. Would I have better luck selling pump and self contained hyrdraulic system separately or as a unit?
3. Would e-bay or this site a better choice to attempt to sell?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

PS - I just had YT change my user handle from Bob Haessly to BobH in WI and am also testing to see if my new handle works.

1. I don't know what it's really worth, but presumably, you could use it as a triple remote, so i would think it's worth at least as much as that would cost used.
2. I also think that keeping it as a system gives it the most value unless there is someone that needs an exact part you have for the same setup.
3. I would try both.

If you were closer depending on the price I'd be interested, although I don't know what I would do with it.

I doubt if the system if Ford OEM, but you never know. It was more than likely installed by a dealer and then painted to match the tractor.

I'd agree with bill's assessment of value..

Try ebay and see what you get. Personally I'm gunshy about buying anything used in the hydraulic department unless I can see it running. There's a lot fo stuff out there that 'worked fine when parked, etc' that doesn't work when you get it home... so keep that in mind from a buyers perspective when you're trying to sell it. If you've got someone on the hook for it, 'AS IS' for some kind of price more than token money, you might be well advised to take it... unless you have a need for it yourself.

Rod

I live in McFarland (a suburb of Madison) but also have a farm in Soldiers Grove - wich is where I keep my tractor. The front mount PTO is sold however

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back