Ashley W.....Farmall 100 / 140 front leveling rod

crsutton81

20240407_171101.jpg

We finally had a chance to get the front leveling rod bent so it would accommodate leaving the IH style fertilizer attachment on the 100 through 140 tractors, and use the rod leveling function also about the fast hitch. Posted below hopefully will be the pictures and measurements to fab up one.
20240407_171950.jpg
The total deflection from end to end is 4" when measured at the center.
20240407_172106.jpg
The upper end deflection is a total of 1.5" at the 1st bend.
20240407_172156.jpg
The lower bend also has a 1.5" deflection at the bend. The lower bend starts at 11 1/4" from the bottom where the 2 holes would attach to the U pull bar underneath the floorboard. The upper end bend is located 16 1/2" from the tip of the eye that inserts into the rockshaft. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20240407_172242.jpg
    20240407_172242.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Another wonderful job from the Sutton Farm Machinery Works!
Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. It has always been annoying to have to dismount the fertilizer clutch unit to enable to use the leveling bar for a quick job. We had a spare bar on hand and I thought we would try it.

Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. It has always been annoying to have to dismount the fertilizer clutch unit to enable to use the leveling bar for a quick job. We had a spare bar on hand and I thought we would try it.
My step-dad had a fast hitch for his Super A. He also had the IH fertilizer distributor. After I learned from you weeks ago about the need for a curved rod I knew why I never remember seeing the fast hitch on his Super A.

My step-dad had a fast hitch for his Super A. He also had the IH fertilizer distributor. After I learned from you weeks ago about the need for a curved rod I knew why I never remember seeing the fast hitch on his Super A.
I had assumed that all of the fertilizer attachments for these tractors had basically the same setup until I saw the Cole one I believe you had on your 140. It is mounted in a manner where it is positioned more toward than an IH version and allows a normal version of this bar to be used.

I had assumed that all of the fertilizer attachments for these tractors had basically the same setup until I saw the Cole one I believe you had on your 140. It is mounted in a manner where it is positioned more toward than an IH version and allows a normal version of this bar to be used.
Yes sir I could use a straight bar on my 140. The Cole base is still on my 140. It has been a long time since the hopper has been on it.

View attachment 66166
We finally had a chance to get the front leveling rod bent so it would accommodate leaving the IH style fertilizer attachment on the 100 through 140 tractors, and use the rod leveling function also about the fast hitch. Posted below hopefully will be the pictures and measurements to fab up one. View attachment 66168 The total deflection from end to end is 4" when measured at the center. View attachment 66169 The upper end deflection is a total of 1.5" at the 1st bend.View attachment 66170 The lower bend also has a 1.5" deflection at the bend. The lower bend starts at 11 1/4" from the bottom where the 2 holes would attach to the U pull bar underneath the floorboard. The upper end bend is located 16 1/2" from the tip of the eye that inserts into the rockshaft. Hope this helps.
It doesn’t get into the way of the clutch ?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back