BarberGreen50

Anonymous-0

Has anyone seen one of these sell or change hands in the last few years? I have located one in good condition but haven"t decided what value to place on it. Appears complete. Any ideas? I have checked most of the normal sources but hitting a blank wall.

a year or so ago they sold a pair of them on ebay in arizona for $1500 for the two, It shouldnt be hard to find a barber green 50 for sale on this site here, a mere $9500 will get you an unrestored one. to be realistic, a good runner that is complete without any attachments should be able to be bought for $3000 or less

(quoted from post at 03:45:15 07/27/12)
One has been for sale by a man named Dennis off & on for months.

Actually, years. He had Barber Greene parts for sale back in 08 sometime. I remember because I talked to him about them at the time. He was lamenting not taking the loader when he stripped the parts.

Shortly after that, he was looking for a 50 below a certain serial number.

He has had a "complete, original" 50 Barber Greene for sale since then. Funny thing is, he also had rear castings from a Plain Jane 50 for sale shortly after he started listing the 50 Barber Greene.

If you bring up these facts, he's VERY fast at threatening to sue for libel, but facts is facts...

Here you go again farmerboy. I thought you had
crawled back under your rock. You have no idea
what it means to be truthful. Yes, I have a
complete and original Model "50" Barber-Greene
tractor. Yes, I have many parts from a parted-out
unit. However, I have NEVER, let me repeat that,
NEVER advertised, owned, or sold any "rear
castings from a Plain Jane 50". You say "facts is
facts". Well, here we go again. The last time you
made accusations you cannot back up, I provided
you with documentation about my complete and
original Model "50" Barber-Greene. Obviously, you
have misplaced it or just choose to have a bad
memory. As for the B-G parts, they are still in
storage and still available should anyone need
them. Get a life!

Hey tractorbafoon, If there is someone out there that will sell you a one-of-94-built tractor for $3K or less, they are a bigger "bafoon" than you. Oh, and I just looked at those AZ units a couple of months ago (in AZ) and they are still owned by the same gentleman that has owned them for years and they are not for sale for $3K.

Thank you for the responses. I will check the photo ads. I have been thru most of the auction sites and searched history info but haven't had much luck.

I didnt say they "SOLD" I said they only brought $1500 for the pair on ebay yours maybe 1 of 94 but if no one wants it, its worth only what it will sell for and not $9500!

(quoted from post at 18:08:49 07/27/12) Here you go again farmerboy. I thought you had
crawled back under your rock. You have no idea
what it means to be truthful. Yes, I have a
complete and original Model "50" Barber-Greene
tractor. Yes, I have many parts from a parted-out
unit. However, I have NEVER, let me repeat that,
NEVER advertised, owned, or sold any "rear
castings from a Plain Jane 50". You say "facts is
facts". Well, here we go again. The last time you
made accusations you cannot back up, I provided
you with documentation about my complete and
original Model "50" Barber-Greene. Obviously, you
have misplaced it or just choose to have a bad
memory. As for the B-G parts, they are still in
storage and still available should anyone need
them. Get a life!

Are you willing to state for a fact that you were never looking to buy a John Deere 50 w/o power steering under a certain serial number to mount your parts? If so, why did you call me back then asking about the serial number on the one I had for sale? My number was too high (25XXX).

You have never provided complete documentation to me. If you do have documentation, it proves the serial plate you have is genuine, not the tractor it's on.

If anyone wants a little light reading, look up "ten-twenty" in a search. He always very fast to get defensive about this tractor. He's constantly trying to drum up interest for it. His sales pitch is to annoy you out of your money...

http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=403869&highlight=

http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=256381&highlight=

http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=878055&highlight=

No, I'm sorry you did say they "sold". Here is your post to refresh your memory. Don't we know you by some other handles as well? What business is it of yours what price someone puts on their property. Let it go, I turned down your offer, move on.

Re: BarberGreen50 in reply to deerman, 07-26-2012 19:46:51
a year or so ago they sold a pair of them on ebay in arizona for $1500 for the two, It shouldnt be hard to find a barber green 50 for sale on this site here, a mere $9500 will get you an unrestored one. to be realistic, a good runner that is complete without any attachments should be able to be bought for $3000 or less

Ten-Twenty I agree some people just tear down other peoples items. There are many good people on here and I have had nothing but good luck with who I deal with here. Good collectors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back