Battery Caulk Gun

DelMN

Does anyone use a battery powered caulk gun? I'm looking at getting the 18 volt Ryobi one and was wondering if anyone has one and how well they work. I need to apply 10 tubes of anhesive and several tubes of silicone and my hands won't like doing it with a manual caulk gun.

The automotive windshield replacement guys use them all the time. You may want to check with them regarding brand.

I had an old Craftsman 19.2 version. I bought it for one big project. It really helped on that project. I used it a couple times afterwards. My complaint about that particular gun was it wouldn't let off the pressure and it kept slowing leaking caulk. You had to pull the lever back and release the pressure otherwise it would just keep slowing pushing itself forward and making a mess. It was also a pain cleaning it up afterwards. Maybe the Ryobi doesn't do that. Like I said it got used for one big project which it really shined and then it wasn't worth using anymore. When my last Craftsman battery died I gave all my 19.2 tools to my cousin. He still has plenty of batteries.

Just a heads up, I just looked at the Home Depot website and the Ryobi caulking gun is $60. However if you look further down there's a special going on where you can buy it with a battery for $50. I assume you have to order it online however.

After using a manual gun to apply QuadMaxx caulk when I put shingle siding on the gables of my house, I bought a Ryobi 18v caulk gun.. All my cordless tools are Ryobi so I didnt need any batteries. It is such a relief on my forearms and wrist, my wife can use it, it has been a good choice for me. I find that I have to use the lowest speeds for my work rate when Im caulking around windows, etc, but for applying adhesive you can crank it up and move some product. Im very happy with mine.

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it. I did buy the Ryobi caulk gun, it was $60. They wanted $150 for battery and charger which is too much for me. I was looking around and noticed that Ryobi had a 18v drill and driver special buy for $99 which included 2 batteries and a charger. So I bought that. I didn't really need it for the tools but it makes it a better bargain. As noted below they did have an internet special for $50 which included a battery but no charger. I needed it this weekend for my project.

I suspect you will see some deals on the existing Ryobi caulking gun as they are releasing an updated version shortly.

I have an 18v dewalt gun. It was a gift. I don't use it that much. Only problem, getting off the trigger sooner because calk doesn't stop coming out instantly.

I bought an adapter to use 20v dewalt batteries.

got one of the Ryobi ones when I had lots of cracks to fill in my driveway. Took all the work out of the project - only used 14 tubes, and then passed it on to a son-in-law for his driveway. Like you, I scored a second battery, just in case -- didn't need it, though.

Applied 4 tubes of adhesive today and it worked great! 6 more to go and then about 4 silicon caulk.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back