Big IH auction

The big auction in my opinion was a big bust. The turn out was low and probably half of the people that were there were tire kickers. There
was a couple of guys from up in Minnesota that bought a few of them. Plus it was very windy and 40 degrees. This just my opinion.
1962 IHC crawler T-6 62 series 263 gas PTO live hyd. In running condition. High sale at $2700.00.
Super C w 3-point hitch SN 139326 almost new tires $900.00.

1937 F-12 SN FS84056 with rare road gear, cultivator lift options and brand new tires all around. $750.00.

1938 F-20 SN 122551N Narrow tread, original paint, engine rebuilt, new radiator core and new tires all the way around. $550.00.

1944 Farmall C with bell mounted sickle mower. $500.00.

1953 Farmall Super C wide front end and fast hitch. Tires were not very old. $1,350.00.

There was one wore out Farmall M that was in bad shape but had all brand new tires with nibs showing for $750.00. I guess you just take your chances.

The National IH Collectors Club should quit doing these auctions all they do is devalue the hobby and the tractors and the collectables be it toys, litature, General Catalogs...etc......The same thing happened in MN in 2015.

Bought the tires & got the old M thrown in on the deal. The guy will come out OK on the tires and rims alone, scrap iron for the rest of the M will probably cover any hauling costs. If the old girl is a good runner, he got a h€!! Of a deal!

If only half were tire kickers that has to be some kind of a record. Usually at auctions between 90-95% are tire kickers.

As for the auction "devaluing" the hobby, the effects of time are doing that just fine all on its own. The number of people that call this a hobby is going to drop off sharply and things will not have the value they once did. Frankly it's about time some people got some deals on this stuff.

I agree!! I took a very good 27 2 point fully mounted sickle mower that had new bearings in both gearboxes and a $150 driveshaft I had to have special made since the left handed threaded yoke was no longer available. Plus the U joints were not available even by after market. I took it to one of the collector auctions thinking it should bring better money than a regular auction. Boy was I wrong!!!!! I basically gave it away. I really did not want it back because I had bought a very good 100 fully mounted to replace it, but??????. There were LOTS of very good parts that sold for pennies!!! The auctioneer went so fast it was hard to bid in time before he sold it. He was in a hurry to get done!!!!!!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back