bleed hydraulic pump 5000

ESVADuke

Which of these ports do I use to bleed the pump?

pump.jpg

You should not need to bleed that pump, so neither of those ports should be used to bleed it. The red arrow is pointing to the relief valve. I'm not sure what the green arrow is pointing to, but I don't believe that it's for bleeding the pump either. If it has the original blocking plate on the top cover, you can loosen the large bolt in the test port to see if air bubbles are present in the system. If there are, then there is most likely a leak somewhere on the suction side of the pump circuit inside the center housing.

You should not need to bleed that pump, so neither of those ports should be used to bleed it. The red arrow is pointing to the relief valve. I'm not sure what the green arrow is pointing to, but I don't believe that it's for bleeding the pump either. If it has the original blocking plate on the top cover, you can loosen the large bolt in the test port to see if air bubbles are present in the system. If there are, then there is most likely a leak somewhere on the suction side of the pump circuit inside the center housing.
OK, thanks. The lift has gotten weaker and whines like crazy, someone told me it might be air in the system.

OK, thanks. The lift has gotten weaker and whines like crazy, someone told me it might be air in the system.
Sounds like the pump is getting worn and might need to be rebuilt or replaced, or the relief valve or unloader valve might be stuck partially open.

3pt hitch sprayer tank, won't lift more than 100 gallons. 13 ft disk will lift halfway. AC 333 planter lifts very slowly.
Was refering to perhaps the hyds was dead headed somewhere. A little history on a new pump. Hissing since new? What has happen in the mean time?

Hopefully your not having a flow issue like I’m have with a neighbors tractor he recently purchased
Mounted a loader for him and found lots of sealant under a recently installed remote valve
Loader is moving terribly slow, after talking to him about it he mentioned the lift was real slow as well
IMG_3868.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully your not having a flow issue like I’m have with a neighbors tractor he recently purchased
Mounted a loader for him and found lots of sealant under a recently installed remote valve
Loader is moving terribly slow, after taking to him about it he mentioned the lift was real slow as well View attachment 69979
Whoever put that on needs to have his caulking gun taken away from him!

3pt hitch sprayer tank, won't lift more than 100 gallons. 13 ft disk will lift halfway. AC 333 planter lifts very slowly.
I assume thats an open center system. Easy to test pump outlet pressure. I would start there and work out frim the pump testing pressure aling the circuit as I went until you find the point where pressure is lost.

Dan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back