Bobcat 873 skid steer

Bkpigs

I got issues with the new to me bobcat 873 skids here. I can drive it Forward backward and turning no problems. The bics all lights up everything seems to work fine. When I try to use a lift arm or the tilt function the engine loads up. I get a little bit of movement from the tilt but I think that's just from air in the system from when I change the line. I have a manual coming but probably won't be here for another week. Thank you for any help in advance.

There are a bunch of interlocks. The most troublesome is the seat interlock. Dirt and or lack of sufficient weight will cause that one to not engage. There is a traction lock button upper left side that
will allow movement without all the interlocks engaged. Also there are a couple of hard to get to hydro filters under the cab that often are not changed. It wouldnt surprise me if they are the original
filters. Good luck.

Along with what tony said, there is a switch just to unlock the hydraulics to use them, some models have a yellow switch and other light up green.

Air won't cause restricted movement. Jumpy, noisy, yes, but it will still go
through the motions and eventually self purge.

Any chance you reversed the lines on one cylinder? Sounds like the cylinders
are working against each other or a restriction. If there are any quick
couplers be sure they are fully connected.

Not sure if you are hitting the green button up on the left side. Hitting the button activates the loader hydraulics. I remember hearing a solenoid clunk after hitting that button but don't know how the other electronics work.

I am hitting the green button and hear the clunk like everything is fine. It drives perfect and I only replaced 1 line.

no, the line was blown at the auction so I thought the issue was the BICS and didn't want to run it out of fluid messing with it

okay I figured it out. I wasn't getting a full 12 volts to the electric solenoid on the inboard side of the valve body. I was only getting like 10 5 or 11ish. Ran a jumper from it to the battery and everything works. Now I just need to find out where the corrosion or break is that that's causing the voltage drop. Thank you everyone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back