Brake Master Cylinder On TW25 CAN NOT GET IT TO BLEED!!!

I have been fighting this for a while. I bought a kit from this website, honed the master cylinder, installed the kit, and still no luck. Repeated the process with same results. The piston seems to be
sticking in the master cylinder. All the holes are open inside. I cannot get anything to the bleed screws. I'm using the New Holland brake oil. Any ideas? Thanks!
I've got to get fluid to the bleed screws to see if the seals in the piston need replacing.

I've fought those before, they can be tough to bleed. I've found success by pressurizing the reservoir with low pressure air and simply opening up the bleed screws on the back end until bubble-free fluid comes out.

Start with an overfull reservoir and then find yourself a hose that you can clamp onto the dipstick tube. Ideally hook the other end of the reservoir to an air regulator to give you 2-5 PSI or so of air pressure.

If your pistons really are sticking inside the master cylinder, then my advice is not going to help. My procedure assumes everything else is working as it should.

One last thing: make sure you're using the proper brake oil. Don't use automotive brake fluid or it will not end well.

I finally got the right side bled. I opened the bleed screws and walked off! I guess now I'll have to replace the piston seals in the rear axles.

Opening up the bleed screws and walking away is another way to get it done, however you run the risk of running out of brake fluid if you wait too long.

Try my method on the LH side before you resign yourself to pulling off the final drives.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back