Buying a John Deere 630 Tractor

I"m looking at a John Deere 630 gas tractor in Iowa. It has a narrow front, good tin work, starts good and drives good. No 3 point and no fenders.Paint is decent tires are good, been stored inside and not used for a few years. I was wondering what a resonable price for a tractor like this?

Can"t speak as to Iowa but around here (Finger Lakes region NY) at auction probably 2700 to 3500 dollars. I know of a good 630 bought at a consignment sale (2 1/2 years ago) for 3400 dollars (had factory 3 pt, factory WFE) where the fellow turned right around and listed it for 7500 dollars. Last I knew he is still trying to sell it.

Five years ago, I gave $3000 for a 620 thatneeded tires, a radiator, water pump and the manifold. I did this with my eyes wide open as I am the second owner on this tractor. This was in NW Iowa. Haggle and deal, and get the best price you can, but remember... we Iowegions can be pretty stubborn at times. Good luck Dale.

1) How are the rear tires? 2) Does the radiator leak? 3) Does the power steering leak? 4) Does it use oil? 5) Does it jump out of gear when you put it on a load? They are nice tractors and the above can happen to any tractor. Tires, Power steering, and transmission are the most costly items. Good luck!

Average of $3500 to 4500 without knowing overall condition and history. Add another $2500 to 3000 to put flat top fenders back on and a complete correct 3 point.
Look around, there's quite a few 630s for sale right now that do not have the 3 point stripped off etc., and asking price is very different than purchased price!

Bought a 630 in IA 4 years ago similar to what you decribed. No 3pt NF No fenders 50% tires ran good for $2800. First fall plowing started to blow by took it to the shop for hopfully a ring and valve job. No luck $4000 for complete professional OH, three years ago put tires on for $1500 added fenders and 3 pt 2yrs ago $2000 and wide front this year $1300. I have over $12,000 invested in a now nearly Expo quality restore! Be careful of your intentions and time frame of completion, things of great bueaty sometimes start out an ugly duck

I bought a nice 620 with 3 point, rollamatic,power steering, no fenders a year ago at a farm auction for $2,800 which is a steal in this part of the world (Southest MO) I put on a new manifold, gauges, red dot light on rear, 2) new 6 volt batteries and hold downs, complete wiring both lift links on the 3 point, new top link, rebuilt the power steering, rebuilt generator plus a lot more to make it correct and have spent well over $5,200 on parts alone plus many hours of labor.
I enjoy working on it and probably will have over $12,000 in it when I'm done, I know when I want or need to sell it it will bring somewhere around $5,500 to $7,000 tops.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back