Can someone please tell me the model of this Case grain drill and approximately the years they were built?

Jim R

I like to tinker with and collect old antique farm equipment. I don't know much about these old Case drills. thanks for any response!

I like to tinker with and collect old antique farm equipment. I don't know much about these old Case drills. thanks for any response!
Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 20240313_131126 (1).jpg
    20240313_131126 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240313_131139 (1).jpg
    20240313_131139 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Don't have a clue on the model, but the large steel wheels, hand lift, and wooden tongue indicate it was likely made prior to 1940. Likely meant to be used with a Case model C, or other type of standard tread tractor on large wheat farms.

Mac

I would say a high wheel case drill with galvanized box would probably be a D model. Later they made the L, with fert box was a LF. They made them with galv box but don't know if any were high steel wheels. I saw somewhere that L meant low rubber wheels. Don't know for sure. I see a manual on E-bay says 1949 LF low wheel grain drill....James

Here is a picture of it.
Wood wheel would be prior to WW2 with high steel from WW2 up to mid 50's and wood toung would indicate it wsa also from start of WW2 untill a couple of years after the war as a lot of farms still used horses untill late 40's and wood toung indicates it was designed as a horse drawn drill but before WW2 would have likely been a wood box drill with steel coming later at end of WW2. And I do not see a fertilizer box so I am guessing from 1948 to 1950. Going acording to McCormick, John Deere and Oliver and the time when steel was again avaible for machinery after WW2 and fertilizer did not come into popular use untill after the war. I was a mid war baby and I do not ever rember seeing a Case drill as Case was very little in this area ever. Being steel wheel it could have been after WW2 and avaible with either the steel wheel or a rubber tire wheel of same size as the steel wheel as it was easier to get a tire the size of the steel wheel than redesign the drive for the smaller tire for a low rubber machine but when used car tires became avaible for machinery the high rubber option the extra price to make a low wheel model became moot as the car tires were by then throw away from the family car.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back