can't get tractor in gear.

I went out to the barn yesterday to use my 3000. It started with no problem, but when I tried to put it in gear the clutch patel would not ingage. The only way I can get it in gear is to jam it in gear The clutch won't work. What happen and how can I fix it.
 
Well your term of engage is wrong it does not disengage which means your clutch will not release correct??? Well a number of way to fix that and it is in the archives many time over. #1 block the clutch pedal down for a few days. #2 if you have an open and safe area start it in as high a gear as you can and drive it around with the pedal held down till it frees up. #3 pull the starter off and with the clutch pedal blocked down spray the clutch with brake cleaner spray. #4 split the tractor and replace the clutch and all parts as needed.
What has happened is the clutch disk has rusted to the flywheel and or pressure plate so it is stuck
 
try putting it in high gear, block clutch and brakes, and then use a jumper wire and while setting in seat, just keep bumping the starter over. leave fuel kill line pulled if a diesel, or disconenct coil if a gasser. don't want her to start.. just bump over..

soundguy
 
In addition to all the other advice on breaking a rusted clutch face from the flywheel, this has worked for me in the single time I used the technique, of the two times the rust up has happend to my Ford 800 in 30 years (50% success or 100%, depending on what you count); after removing the starter and spraying brake cleaner fluid generously on the flywheel/clutch face, I reassembled, engaged the PTO with a brushog attached and started the tractor. After a few minutes the shaft to the brushog stopped, verifying the flywheel and clutch disengaged.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top