Case 1190 hydraulics

DennisGul

New User
Hi new here my name is Dennis I just picked up a Case 1190 tractor the engine was locked up from sitting I did get it freed up but was wondering what type of fluid goes in the metal can that sits above the engine it seems like it s for the power steering but I m not sure. Also is there a trick to getting the hydraulics to work? It has a woods dual loader on it. Any help would be much appreciated. If anyone has any schematics that would be awesome as I don t even know how to tell if it s making oil pressure. Thanks in advance.

Metal can above the engine is the air cleaner. Hydraulic sump is to the rear of the tractor to the left of the pto shaft. Sight
glasses on the left of the trans. housing tell the oil level.

1190 Case is basically a David Brown.

Safe bet for the power steering reservoir would be the same hydraulic fluid you use in the rest of the tractor.

Should be no trick to the hydraulics. That may be why the tractor was parked. Only thing I can think of is maybe the loader is connected to a remote valve and you need to bungee cord the handle for that remote valve down before the loader controls will work. You need to follow the hoses from the loader control and see where they plug into the tractor.

Lots of my fluids on my 1490 have been discontinued, I use Hy-Tran for the brakes, clutch, trans, and power steering.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back