Case 1370 Hydraulic remote control lever hard to move under pressure.

I have two Case 1370, They are from 1976, but I have had them since 2000.
On both of them I have a problem with the hydraulic remote control. When the connected machine has pressure on the hydraulic oil, the remote control lever is real hard to move. It kind of get stuck so I have to use alot of force to release the pressure by moving the lever in opposite direction. When the pressure is released there is no problem to move the lever in any direction.
I do not have this problem on any of my other tractor models. Is this normal on Case 1370, or is it something that is possible to fix?
I have made a longer lever to make it easier to move.
Case 1370 s310 remote control.jpg

Last edited:
that is normal Item 20 in the parts picture is a load check ball. when you move the lever the spool moves pin 17 to unseat the load check ball. the more pressure on the valve the harder it is to release. once the ball is moved the lever will move easier. what are your other tractors

Upvote 0
Be careful working the leavers hard you could end up breaking the linkage. I know because it happened to me.
I always had the same problem with my case 930. When i bought it i noticed someone added an extra hydraulic line that was made to plug into one hydraulic remote and led back to the hydraulic reservoir , i could not understand why, until i realized it was to help release the pressure if using a 1 line single action hydraulic cylinder. I started using it with my hay rake (single hydraulic hose) and it made it much easier to move the leaver when i maxed out the pressure when lowering the rake to the ground. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back