Case 2-14 Centennial Plow

Bryce Frazier

Hi guys it's Bryce. I have a Case Centennial Plow and am wondering what colors it should be painted? I can clearly see that the wheels were Yellow, handles and other things were a dark green, and the majority of the frame was what I think is Case Orange, but here is my question. A guy that I know that is very knowledgeable about Case told me that it would be best to use JD Yellow, Oliver Green, and IH Red, but I think the paint remnants on my plow are much closer to Case Orange than IH Red. What do you guys think? Also, does anyone know where I can find the correct angled plow tire for the Tail wheel? THANKS, Bryce

early Centennials were the old Case red like the "L/C" series tractors and early cross motors steam engines ect, wheels I think darker than the IH paint but it would be close all of my Centennials are the Flambeau with yellow/green wheels/handles this is a pic of a detailed toy I am not sure they got it exact but this is what they reproduced I do think the wheels/handles did fade to the yellow and were much closer to this originally according to my sales lit, they do not have red on the late units I am pretty sure they were like the toy shown with no red only Flambeau
cnt
a124924.jpg

a124925.jpg

What you see as the old flambeu red could actually be the old case implement red like has been posted. If it is, I use XO Rust paint in IH Red from the local hardware store as it is a little darker than the restoration series of paint from Valspar. I have used both so that is my only comparison. Now, the paint scheme did change as the years went by. The early plows were red, green, and yellow. Later plows were flambeu red. Pull a few parts to find some original paint and see what you find. You may have a later plow.

Mine is the earlier plow for sure. In the plow pictured, my green is MUCH darker, and is on much more of the plow, the wheels are also clearly yellow. What year do you guys think my plow is then? early 1937? I also have a funny handle on the front of my plow right above the tripper, doesn't seem to do anything, but it does work good for hooking up the plow to the tractor when backing up to it, you can just lift the implement with the handle and set it in the clevis on the tractor. Any idea on what it might actually be for? THANKS, Bryce

Dad had a mid 40's case plow on steel that he pulled with a Farmall H back in the mid 40's and 50's, and it was Case orange, not anywhere close to the Farmall red when you could see them side by side.

Here's a pic from a 16 page 1950 Centennial Plow catalog. The ink used almost matches the plow model below.....? Perhaps this was the model they copied
a124978.jpg

CASE plow colors were wheel green, red frame hitch, tail wheel assembly and bottom"s ,green leavers and axel and axel brackets. If it has ex bottoms they would be painted green. CASE did not use Flambue Red on their plows until mid 1950 to late 1950.

I have a three bottom Centennial that was sold new with a 1948 DC I have the ops for both and bought them both from the original owner and the plow is Flambeau and has never been painted so the change was before 1950

That fenny handle is probably a landing lever used to move the plow side to side to keep you"re plowing straight

Here are some pictures of the original Case colors. The yellow is not JD yellow,it has a defenite green tint to it(Terex green is close) The red is not Flambeau or IH kind of in between. The green is little more yellow than oliver green. Mike
a125175.jpg

a125177.jpg

a125178.jpg

a125179.jpg

Nice shots of a early version original that should help a lot thanks,, I have been chatting and talking with a few friends on the yellow color we think it was a left over from the EB line I can not think of any other place they had that color except implements sorry for the ramble again thanks for the pics I should take some of my later plows I do have several like yours as well
cnt

That is my exact plow right there. The colors are the same, and everything looks exactly the same between that one and mine. Thanks so much for your help guys. Soooo, all I need to figure out is what colors of paint I need to buy. Here is my plan, let me know what you think: Darken a quart of IH Red, Oliver Green, and New Holland Yellow. What do ya think? THANKS!!! Bryce

I personally think the red was a little more orange than IH red and the green was a little more yellow than oliver, and the yellow had a definate green cast to it. That being said your plan will result in a nice looking plow, and am I sure shades of paint changed during production depending on suppliers, how they were applied etc. so have fun. Just as a thought could you print pictures of the colors and have them matched at a paint store?Mike

More blathering on plows. I never thought of EB colors, it makes sense though. Miller tire has the wedge tail wheel BUT they want 105.00 for it! Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back