Case 2090 blowing hydro out of Dipstick tube.

worfism

New User
Hydro fluid blows out of dipshit tube as soon as tractor is started.
Vent has been cleaned ontop of transmission. Hydraulic oil isn't overfilled. Actually its low now. Filters have been changed. Oil has been changed as well. Still no change. Anyone have any ideas? Gonna route oil from dispshit tube back into the case until it can be figured out.

Hydro fluid blows out of dipshit tube as soon as tractor is started.
Vent has been cleaned ontop of transmission. Hydraulic oil isn't overfilled. Actually its low now. Filters have been changed. Oil has been changed as well. Still no change. Anyone have any ideas? Gonna route oil from dispshit tube back into the case until it can be figured out.

Just went through this same exact issue on a 2294. The problem is that the hydraulic Pump case drain line goes into the very T where the dipstick is. 2290 one of our fellow forumers and I are friends and I discussed the problem with him and we come up with the compensator valve as the issue, Oil from the compensator is returned through the pump drain we replaced that and all is well. Do not run it as you may be starving vital areas as the compensator is the brains of the whole hydraulic system.

Thanks Mel you beat me to it, But I could not have said it better. He needs a new compensator valve like the one I got you. Mel could you give me a call please.
Thank you
Marlin

I took off the compensator and tore it apart. Looking for something obvious. I didn't see anything that I thought would cause a problem. Idk... The one thing I did notice kinda off was the adjustment safety wire that was broke. Don't know for sure but assume that adjusts cut off pressure.

Did you guys tear it down or just replace it with another.

Replaced it, The one spool was definitely stuck allowing sensing flow to flood the pump case drain beyond its capacity making the oil flow out the dipstick, we disassembled the piston pump and it was perfect inside, no apparent wear. I am going by our experience but a badly worn main pump could possibly cause the same issue. The bigger adjusting screw sets hydraulic pressure at the remotes. Ours did not blow oil till the remotes or DOM was activated. It would have to be either one of those two items to my way of thinking as the cased drain is getting more oil than it can handle .

Got the compensator replaced... when doing so I was trying to align tube on the the T-fitting on compensator. Noticed the tube started to drip when I finally got it connected. Pushing and pulling on metal tube. When I fired it up the tube blew hydro everywhere. Took lines back off and noticed the dipstick tube has worn against that pressure line running to compensator. It must of had a pin hole pushing fluid into dipstick tube. Unbelievable that it did that with no dripping anything under tractor... not sure it was actually the compensator. mEl and 1Marlin I appreciate your response... for sure... You pointed me in the direction of the problem. Idk if the compensator was bad but the unusual situation with those tubing lines... I wouldn't of got it figured out easily without that help directing me in that area. Lines fixed and 2090 is running just fine... thank you all for that. Hope that helps anyone else with this issue...

Just went through this same exact issue on a 2294. The problem is that the hydraulic Pump case drain line goes into the very T where the dipstick is. 2290 one of our fellow forumers and I are friends and I discussed the problem with him and we come up with the compensator valve as the issue, Oil from the compensator is returned through the pump drain we replaced that and all is well. Do not run it as you may be starving vital areas as the compensator is the brains of the whole hydraulic system.
Where is compensator valve located and how much is it. Is it easy to get at and change?

The compensator valve is bolted to the main pump just ahead of the LH rear axle housing, the valve has a couple lines coming to it. Check the lines that are near each other there as our experience and the other poster had lines rubbed through. check along the length of the dipstick tube which comes down to a Tee that goes into the tranny case for rubbed areas.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back