Case 530 clutch band question(s)

riley101

Well the c/d book on the 530 finally came in. Found out I had to tear the backhoe back apart so I did. Got the torque converter out, the clutch band housing was behind it (one heavy sob by the way lol) The book said to take the snap ring off and then take the bands out. Snap ring is off...still can't get the bands off. What am I doing wrong?
a160119.jpg

heres the clutch bands. The snap ring is on the other side. Took it off...still wont come apart. What to do?

Bands???? Are you asking about the multiple disk clutch on the C-O-M? The hub that holds the disks on also goes under them, and the inside of the disks is splined to the hub. The spline that holds the hub to the shaft is a tight fit and can be tough to wiggle loose. Do not damage the clutch disks trying to pry it loose. Rig up something to pry against other than the disk pack, and pry/wiggle on opposite sides at the same time and it should come loose. They always have for me. Why are you getting into the multiple disk clutch? Only reason I can think of is it is hard to shift/ grinds into gear.

What are your pressures in the C-O-M? My guess is your problem is not the multiple disk clutch unless you have everything but clutch pressure. Even then I would check the valve out very well first.

too late to check it now...figure i will put a new clutch discs in it and then check presures later... clutch discs not coming apart....what now

IT WAS grinding going int gear. Then it only rolled in 1st gear. So I changed the fluid to a spec that matches the Case recommended brand as they do not make that brand anymore. It rolled ONE time after that, I dig a hole, I tried to move it....and NOTHING. Not even if I shut it off and put it into gear and then restarted it. So....I put on my underdog cape, talked a lot o shtt to friends and family members saying I was gunna fix that b_tch...and sure enough...I am stuck. Tackling this tractor is nothing like the car struts and axles I have changed out a few times, not the water pumps and starters and fan belts. I STILL think I can do it. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I also bought a book. Check my other post, I got the clutch discs loose. I now don't think they were the problem as they look fine to me. I'm thinking now it is something else. The suction to the pump is working fine. The filters are not clogged. I can't help but wonder now if it wasn't some valve stuck from it sitting in a field for 2 years. That is what froze the motor up.So why not a hydraulic valve that had a little condensation on it, huh? I don't know. Just wished I could get it runnin.
a160198.jpg

they came apart. They look fine to me, I guess. Now I am thinking it was a stuck hydraulic valve..or some other malfunction. That that I am pointing at....there's some more clutch discs behind that, aren't there?
a160199.jpg

a160200.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back